Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[New Class] The Tinker Approaches!

tinkerer tinker new class

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

MEET TINKER!

AVAILABLE THIS MONDAY, JUNE 17th!

Tinker is an all new character coming to Forge as our next piece of FREE DLC. The Tinker plays similar to an engineer class and will have a big impact on how Forge is played, just like the Ravager.

We're still putting the finishing touches on the character, but I'm going to start leaking teasery info about our latest and greatest Forge character over the next few weeks leading up to launch.

Here's a large animated GIF I made showing a basic 360 around the character while they perform their M1 attack.

Posted Image

I'll be posting more new content here in the upcoming weeks, so check back regularly and let me know what you think.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES...

TINKER TEASER VIDEO 1: CATA PAD AND ARMORED BOOTH

TINKER TEASER VIDEO 2: BARRICADE AND BUZZ SAW

TINKER TEASER VIDEO 3: Chompers, Wrench and Turret

Edited by DarkValeAlec, 16 June 2013 - 11:02 AM.
Added Tinker video 1

• GreenHazel, djuRman, Qwahzi and 10 others like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge
Steam: DarkValeGames_Alec
Facebook: /PlayForgeWar
Twitter: @PlayForgeGame
Twitch: /DarkValeGames

Posted Image

ControllingTheCakeArmy

ControllingTheCakeArmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Looks absolutely amazing, this fits extremely well within Forge. I am more interested in her moves though. But sadly I dislike the name ''Tinkerer''. I prefer it being called ''Tinker''. Sorry for this repost. Could you possibly delete the above one?

WarTimeraider

WarTimeraider

Paragon

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
Though i really love the Tinkerer, i do hope there will be some nice skins or genderchange cosmetics available. Even if i adore a class, it tends to be hard for me to play anything female :P
  • Qwahzi likes this

Posted Image

Finecry

Finecry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
This looks awesome !!!!!
I think the decisions they are making about the game as a whole are the correct ones :D

Laughter

Laughter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Though i really love the Tinkerer, i do hope there will be some nice skins or genderchange cosmetics available. Even if i adore a class, it tends to be hard for me to play anything female :P

I am so happy it's female! It's hard for me to get into Male characters. So I know that feel.

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

Looks absolutely amazing, this fits extremely well within Forge. I am more interested in her moves though. But sadly I dislike the name ''Tinkerer''. I prefer it being called ''Tinker''. Sorry for this repost. Could you possibly delete the above one?

Post deleted. I'm going to try to get some video outlining a few of her moves out very soon. Tinkerer's name has been changed to Tinker!

As you know, we are definitely planning skins and mentioned that we were interested in genderswaps as well. These won't be in the latest patches, but it's something we're keen on doing. As a side note, I'm pretty proud about the strong female characters we have in Forge - I would definitely like to see more games following our lead.

This looks awesome !!!!!
I think the decisions they are making about the game as a whole are the correct ones :D

Community support for our upcoming features has been really tremendous. I hope everyone enjoys the cool new stuff that's right around the corner!
  • Anebriate likes this
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

HellsSavior

HellsSavior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPalatine IL
Gosh you guys do amazing work! Ive gotten one person to buy this game, but it is hard to convince more friends to invest in it because I suck so badly... I hope this thing blows up because you guys deserve some serious accommodations for the very well polished game you have created.

Really quick, not sure if you guys are doing anything like this, but I thought instead of just straight up "Skins" if people earned weapon and armor pieces, or could purchase them with game points or whatever (cosmetic only of course). Just a thought, because since its like pvp RPG game, thought that would be really neat.
  • Wayward1, Yormaika and Jroc like this

ControllingTheCakeArmy

ControllingTheCakeArmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Gosh you guys do amazing work! Ive gotten one person to buy this game, but it is hard to convince more friends to invest in it because I suck so badly... I hope this thing blows up because you guys deserve some serious accommodations for the very well polished game you have created.

Really quick, not sure if you guys are doing anything like this, but I thought instead of just straight up "Skins" if people earned weapon and armor pieces, or could purchase them with game points or whatever (cosmetic only of course). Just a thought, because since its like pvp RPG game, thought that would be really neat.

Also customisable facial hair, on both male and females. Nothing gets gamers hyped up for a game then a girl with a goaty. But in true fact, I am all up for facial hair. I just think a pyro with a black beard would be awesome.

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

Spoke too soon, it is actually called Tinker, not Tinkerer!
  • bryx and Razius like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA
Really I feel tinkerer was more real tinker just sounds more like an action than a class

Looking good though

Battle Shaman - The battle shaman is a tactical class my heals hurt have you ever been healed to death?

Posted Image

ShivanSorcerer

ShivanSorcerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
... It's got a shoulder mounted rocket launcher. A SHOULDER MOUNTED ROCKET LAUNCHER. Stop making cool things that drag me back to this game...

Hotsteppernp

Hotsteppernp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCaliforn-I-Ay
Just what we needed another ranged class...
deus Mortis

~ I'm in yo pits, feedin yo trolls

WarTimeraider

WarTimeraider

Paragon

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

3 meleeclasses, 3 ranged classes... Well.. It was 50% to be a ranged class so :)
  • Jroc likes this

Posted Image

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Its m1 is ranged but if it works like an engineer then the class will likely have to be close to the front lines to be effective.

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

The Tinker is a sort of hybrid between ranged and melee, like RentableDwarf said you need to be on the frontlines and can't be as far away as pathfinder / pyromancer can.
[STREAM] Kokos |OP - lvl99 TINKER! + Pyromancer / Pathfinder / etc

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Just posted a teaser video of Tinker's Cata Pad and Armored Booth: http://www.playforge...oth/#entry47080

The plan is to make teaser videos covering all of the different moves up until launch, so let me know what else you'd like to learn about.
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA
The pain she will have after each shot will require a bunch of tylenol and also how does she reload

Battle Shaman - The battle shaman is a tactical class my heals hurt have you ever been healed to death?

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Added Tinker Video 2:
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA
whats the time limit on barricade or life?

can it be placed parallel with other barricades

how many bounces on the buzzsaw before it disapears

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

whats the time limit on barricade or life?

can it be placed parallel with other barricades

how many bounces on the buzzsaw before it disapears

Not sure about your first and third questions, but yes, barricades can be placed parallel with other barricades... :)
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tinkerer, tinker, new class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users