Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contest: Earn The Most Xp In February To Win An Astro A50 Headset And More!

contest Astro A50 Headset Forge t-shirts February Fundays XP Contest XP

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Vihs

Vihs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Yeah I don't really team stack for this contest unless someone else tries to, but I think it is pretty dumb when people do it, it isn't really much in the spirit of this being a contest, more of just who stacks teams harder, or who stoops to the low level of stacking teams just to win unfairly... to be honest, I think anyone who is obviously hardcore team stacking should be disqualified or penalized, I guess a little is okay since it is hard to judge for sure, but sometimes it is very obvious...

I feel like this is aimed at me.... I play with Jroc and Y quite a lot these days making us a group of 3 people. Is that stacking? I think not, usually everyone complains about teams being stacked but when you look at the enemy team it has 3 sins or more on it and never has a healer. I think people like to blame team stacking as to why they are getting destroyed and tend to not realize that part of the problem is their team composition. Can I not play with my friends? I do understand that we are all experienced players but I play alone just as much as I group with people. I think that banning or disqualifying someone from the competition because they are playing the game the way they enjoy it with the people they enjoy playing with would be preposterous. If I am doing something wrong or anyone else is thought to be I think that it would be better for a developer to give them a warning before disqualifying them.

All the names on the list are people I enjoy playing with and against. Good luck to all of you.
  • thatguywhosnameisY and HormGroutouri like this

Diamondintherough

Diamondintherough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

I feel like this is aimed at me.... I play with Jroc and Y quite a lot these days making us a group of 3 people. Is that stacking? I think not, usually everyone complains about teams being stacked but when you look at the enemy team it has 3 sins or more on it and never has a healer. I think people like to blame team stacking as to why they are getting destroyed and tend to not realize that part of the problem is their team composition. Can I not play with my friends? I do understand that we are all experienced players but I play alone just as much as I group with people. I think that banning or disqualifying someone from the competition because they are playing the game the way they enjoy it with the people they enjoy playing with would be preposterous. If I am doing something wrong or anyone else is thought to be I think that it would be better for a developer to give them a warning before disqualifying them.

All the names on the list are people I enjoy playing with and against. Good luck to all of you.

Sorry if this seems aimed solely at you, it is not. People stack on your team, well, because quite frankly, you're good. You play every class extremely well (stop playing your GD assassin for the love of all that is Holy) and quite honestly, playing on your team will generally skew the chances of winning greatly. It's just that Iwhen I am playing, I might end up on your team once, and then...ALWAYS be stacked against you with Jroc, boobs, fury, eradicate, all on your team, and me (and my friend) on the other, getting crushed hard core.

And once you guys start playing together, you don't stop, until people start leaving.

Put yourself in the shoes of others and realize how FRUSTRATING it is to be curbstomped, spawncamped and out-numbered, out matched EVERY game, and then realize why this 'pugstomping' issue I have brought forth is really becoming an issue. Team stacking was always an issue, but I feel the 'spirit' of this competition has only made it worse and potential would be players would be driven away, having such foul experiences over and over.

I don't mind losing. Far from it, but I want a chance to participate and play, not find myself (and my team) at respawn 10 of teh 15 minutes the game goes on for. Who would find respawning fun?

If the game is push and pull, people struggling to pull off the last bit of strength they have to overcome the opposing side, is fun, and what makes PvP great. Stacking in order to ensure that you will have top scores, and therefore the top chance at winning is what is sickening.

Vihs, you have nothing to worry about, honestly. You're a good player, as is everyone else on the list. Is just that (part complaint) when I see a team that looks like this:

Me Vihs
randompug01 DR Jroc
randompug02 Asmodel
randompug03 bDeradicate
randompug04 DR ( . Y . )
randompug05 Razius

It's days like this that make me hate the fact that people *can* be allowed to choose what side to be on.

And I don't think anyone should be disqualified, Vihs. I spoke with you last night. I have been ensured that this competition would continue the month of Feb. I only suggested that in future contests of this nature, that they be limited to whoever earns the most exp in 3v3 arenas. It wouldn't take the competition away, but it would also not encourage as much pubstomping as is currently going on.
  • tridee and Vihs like this

Vihs

Vihs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Well said Diamond that would be interesting and I really do enjoy even teams and super close matches. That is what really get my adrenaline pumping and makes me grit my teeth. The matches we had this morning were awesome.....also my sin play is terrible its to hard for me to play.

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh

Yeah I don't really team stack for this contest unless someone else tries to, but I think it is pretty dumb when people do it, it isn't really much in the spirit of this being a contest, more of just who stacks teams harder, or who stoops to the low level of stacking teams just to win unfairly... to be honest, I think anyone who is obviously hardcore team stacking should be disqualified or penalized, I guess a little is okay since it is hard to judge for sure, but sometimes it is very obvious...

Yo B-rad, its coo, J-Roc will warm up some noob sauce in the microwave so you can spread dat all ova yo noob salad

knaw what i'm sayinnnn
Follow me on twitch, where I showcase the awesome gameplay of Forge with a touch of Canadian Hilarity:

www.twitch.tv/Jroc_Industries

Maizet

Maizet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationAustria

Hey guys, we've got a few more events planned throughout the month that will allow you to quickly catch up despite not jumping on this as soon as it was announced. We definitely want to keep things a bit more accessible!

Thanks for all the feedback! Stay tuned for news about these other upcoming events!

then pls make the next events not depending on how much time people put into the game. this contest is designed to reward the player who simply plays most time in Feb and thats just dumb......not really a nice contest...u win if u play most time...lol
Posted Image

Ravenage

Ravenage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAmurica
Where is Vihs on the updated top 15?

Eradicate

Eradicate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

I don't really care that much and I really don't want to continue an "oh you team stack mannn" forum war, but I might as well say that 3 people all joining the same team is team stacking, first of all 3 people that know what they are doing make a huge difference, and the reason you see everyone go sin in pubs when they are losing is because they don't want to get killed the second they spawn, so sin is the only choice they have. If you join the same team over and over with the same people and win 25 - 0 or 12-0 in ctr or whatever every time, and you say it isn't "team stacking" or is the other teams fault, then I think there is something wrong with your thinking there... and you can easily play with your friends without pubstomping every game, maybe it would be more fun to have an actual game that is somewhat close instead of having flawless wins every time... if you don't see the wrong in this then I just lost all hope in humanity... lol

Vihs

Vihs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I think Diamond said it best with her post about team stacking..

I am not sure what to say really. I play a Shaman I just heal. I have played against Jroc,Y and others because I got auto-balanced and have beaten them and I find the games super frustrating and intense at the same time. It is really frustrating having your entire team around you not peeling or running from your heals and running from the battle or looking up to the pathfinder perched on a roof in camo hoping for a swap when you are getting trained and they just m1 all day. Also all the players who refuse to do objectives and only TDM every match..... I have been on the opposite team of Jroc and Y and won barely just barely and honestly they didn't deserve to lose they just had a terrible healer or no healer and my team would be trash talking. There have been so many games that I have played in with all ( no names ) and my team would be winning and they would be trash talking the other team telling them to get owned or how much better they were......... I never say anything it is just not who I am my motto is Keep Calm and Play On (= ... I think the worst thing I have said in Forge was : WTF team I cant heal if you dont help me or directed it at a player telling them to keep a close eye on me I know I have directed that at Diamond a few times lol...

To me a bigger issue then team stacking is all the rage,arguing,trash talking, and hate that goes on. I make it a personal issue to try and tell people to chill out and just play the game.

Diamond said in her post " People stack on your team, well, because quite frankly, you're good." when I play alone and I purposefully wait to join a team to try and make it even.... everyone else is waiting to see what team I join.....I don't really know what to say or do so yeah...Everyone plays with a friend and I have only been playing for a few weeks now so I think it is kind of unfair to point any fingers at anyone.

Dollparts

Dollparts

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
No Offense or anything but i personally enjoy too play against a hard team. You can improve yourself but i what i just dont like if you have teammates where you feel potatoes are on the other side of that keyboard. Makes it quite frustating : ( POTATOES!

Posted Image

JackSmack

JackSmack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

No Offense or anything but i personally enjoy too play against a hard team. You can improve yourself but i what i just dont like if you have teammates where you feel potatoes are on the other side of that keyboard. Makes it quite frustating : ( POTATOES!

Dont be riddicilous please... Playing TDM and losing while enemy team dies 10-15 times is fine... but playing TDM where the winning team has 23+ lives left isnt gonna teach you shit.

I played quite a few games yesterday, and atleast 5 of the TDM's my team won flawless.... i guarantee you none of the other team learned anything except how frustrating a game can be.

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
UPDATE (Feb 19): Here's the official tally of the top 15 XP earners from February 4th to February 17th.

Vihs 3056700
bDeradicate 2451000
DR. Jroc 1593600
ZM LOL 1119350
RubyRedSlippers 1077050
Razius 979500
Bakedtater 932950
Reprieve 871900
Asmodel 857000
bDfury 792900
HVP3$ 770750
[OmgDz] 756150
Ify 734400
Y 729150
brimine 715300
  • Qwahzi and Vihs like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge
Steam: DarkValeGames_Alec
Facebook: /PlayForgeWar
Twitter: @PlayForgeGame
Twitch: /DarkValeGames

Posted Image

MorningSTAR

MorningSTAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
Ah man. I give up with this contest.
South africa time now is === 7pm
America === 12pm

whack time zones, i always get 0-2 people...
  • Qwahzi and Vihs like this

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
To celebrate our latest patch, we're holding a...

QUAD XP BONUS WEEKEND!

Get out there and start earning that XP!!
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
UPDATE: FEB 22nd

Vihs 4125500

bD Eradicate 3172950

Dr. Jr?c 2299400

Razius 1685600

ZM LOL 1396850

Bakedtater 1356600

bDfoxx 1189750

Reprieve 1187850

RubyRedSlippers 1087450

Asmodel 1010450

HVP3$ 1002000

bD Fury 964050

Kokos 914650

) . Y . ( 849800

rethink 849550

• Qwahzi likes this
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
Hm, now that I'm in the list I feel like I need to try harder.
  • Qwahzi likes this
[STREAM] Kokos |OP - lvl99 TINKER! + Pyromancer / Pathfinder / etc

Posted Image

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1330 posts
I wish there was a way to see how much exp I've gained so far (I think I'm at around 50k, but idk for sure). :(

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Posted Image
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
UPDATE: FEB 25th

Vihs 7473200
bD Eradicate 6028200
YoloSwag 4110500
Razius 3816000
Dr. Jr?c 3638750
Kokos 3069600
ZM LOL 2846050
MarkyX 2723200
Pelican 2645050
Asmodel 2488250
bDcrop 2385800
JackSmack 2316650
Bakedtater 2232450
bD Fury 2173850
Nevermore~Adeltis 2032050
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

rethink

rethink

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

UPDATE: FEB 22nd

Vihs 4125500
bD Eradicate 3172950
Dr. Jr?c 2299400
Razius 1685600
ZM LOL 1396850
Bakedtater 1356600
bDfoxx 1189750
Reprieve 1187850
RubyRedSlippers 1087450
Asmodel 1010450
HVP3$ 1002000
bD Fury 964050
Kokos 914650
) . Y . ( 849800
rethink 849550

I don't even know how I got on there? Barely been playing :l

Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationATL
Apparently I've been playing more than I thought. Neat!

Also, my headset broke this week. Obviously Vihs likes me and wishes for me to have a headset without awesome amounts of duct tape involved
  • Vihs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, Astro A50 Headset, Forge t-shirts, February Fundays, XP Contest, XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users