Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Issues That Needs Attention!

balance gameplay healing combat fixes aiming UI combat damage targetting XP

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope
I once liked my own post too.

Why is that important?
  • TunesForToons likes this
Posted Image

Hasty

Hasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationFinland

I once liked my own post too.

Why is that important?

Why would you ? Just makes you look selfish.

Zin

Zin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

America bro, fuark yeah!

Finland isn't bad either. One of your ancestors went through Russian encampments on skis while holding two machine guns and killing commies!
  • Hasty, Zin and JackSmack like this

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope

I am selfish.

Why is that bad?
Posted Image

Hasty

Hasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationFinland

I am selfish.

Why is that bad?

Becouse no-one likes selfish people.

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope

Becouse no-one likes selfish people.

I'm really interested in this, I myself have been diagnosed with a condition best described as "an inability to experience remorse and an extremely limited emotional development". It comes closest to a sociopath,(not to be mistaken with a psychopath). In that sense, I'm inable to care for others, but makes it very easy for me to look at things objectively, which is why I say;

Subjective feelings don't make an arguement.

*I don't like mushrooms, that doesn't make a chef who uses them in my dinner a bad chef.*

Another thing; Being selfish is easy as you don't care that others regard that as a bad thing.

So; explain to me exactly, how is being selfish a bad thing?

If you want to explain bad as in the sense that people don't like it then must apply the same logic to everything else. People don't like selfishness, well some other people don't like liberals, that makes liberals also bad right? Because people don't like liberals. At least, a portion of the people. If you want to explain selfishness being bad with this arguement you're going to come to weird conclusions as: "[x]-characteristic is deemed bad as the majority of the people on this planet, read; more than 50%, frown down upon it". This would make for an interesting case as the majority of the people also frowns down upon the pope for being against the use of condoms and being conservative. Does that make you a bad person? Because you're conservative? No, it doesn't, it just means you have different ideas than others. Well in that same sense, not caring about others may make you selfish but it doesn't make you, or the fact that you are selfish, bad.

So you see, I, or JackSmack can perfectly like his own post. If you'd hold this against him you'd be mixing subjective feelings would objective feelings, not making your judgement by looking at his post's content but projecting your social values, and that's being a hypocrit. Not that there's anything bad with that, at least, not with me, but for you it should, as you have social values that I don't and society tells you hypocrits are bad.
Posted Image

OTC

OTC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew York City
I don't think selfish is exactly the right word here. His liking his own post doesn't exactly prevent him from "sharing" the like button with the rest of the community. Egotistical? Narcissistic maybe? Lame?

Anyway, back on topic; while the OP raises some valid points, the entire tone of his post is overshadowed by a clear indication of having minimal understanding of class mechanics, and game-play in general, as some of his explanations as to why certain skills are broken are simply... wrong (not to mention many are completely subjective and opinionated; IE: Wardens are broke because boring as hell, shield storm is broken because flying/spinning is stupid, "gravity/jump thingy is just retarded", "make it visible to wardens how many stacks of vengeance they have [it is in fact visible]".
I would be sorely surprised to find that he has more than 10 hours played--if even that.
This in turn prevents the community from taking the post very seriously, even though some of the issues raised are perfectly valid sentiments.
  • Hasty likes this

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope

I don't think selfish is exactly the right word here. His liking his own post doesn't exactly prevent him from "sharing" the like button with the rest of the community. Egotistical? Narcissistic maybe? Lame?

Anyway, back on topic; while the OP raises some valid points, the entire tone of his post is overshadowed by a clear indication of having minimal understanding of class mechanics, and game-play in general, as some of his explanations as to why certain skills are broken are simply... wrong (not to mention many are completely subjective and opinionated; IE: Wardens are broke because boring as hell, shield storm is broken because flying/spinning is stupid, "gravity/jump thingy is just retarded", "make it visible to wardens how many stacks of vengeance they have [it is in fact visible]".
I would be sorely surprised to find that he has more than 10 hours played--if even that.
This in turn prevents the community from taking the post very seriously, even though some of the issues raised are perfectly valid sentiments.

Then it is those issues that he raised that are perfectly valid the ones we need to adress.

Just because a person says;
A=B
E=MC^2

Even if the first thing he said is wrong, if we would use that as an arguement to disregard the second we would be idiots.

Where would be today if we disregarded any of Darwin's works because he happened to contradict himself in his believes and his scientific work? Some religious people and scientists tried to boycot Darwin's work by indeed saying that he believes in god and therefor can't possibly make a valid scientific assumption as he doesn't even believe in it.

Try to take at least the same approach and look at what it is we can use from his post in stead of looking at what we can't use and burn him down for it.
In the end we'll only hurt ourself with it as we're denying ourself progression and evolution. Even something as minor as this as Forge.
Posted Image

Hasty

Hasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationFinland

snip

Now I actually know, why you post in blue every time. But mate, all I can say, is

XD

You actually took so much time just to type such an long answer to explain why doesn't liking your own post make you look like an idiot.
Im sorry if I used a wrong word, "selfish", english isn't my native language. Maybe "narcisstic" would fit better then, how 'bout that ?

OTC

OTC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Then it is those issues that he raised that are perfectly valid the ones we need to adress.

Just because a person says;
A=B
E=MC^2

Even if the first thing he said is wrong, if we would use that as an arguement to disregard the second we would be idiots.

Where would be today if we disregarded any of Darwin's works because he happened to contradict himself in his believes and his scientific work? Some religious people and scientists tried to boycot Darwin's work by indeed saying that he believes in god and therefor can't possibly make a valid scientific assumption as he doesn't even believe in it.

Try to take at least the same approach and look at what it is we can use from his post in stead of looking at what we can't use and burn him down for it.
In the end we'll only hurt ourself with it as we're denying ourself progression and evolution. Even something as minor as this as Forge.

I understand you enjoy seeing your own words in text, but you really have to understand, at no point was I saying we should completely disregard the OP; in fact I was saying just the opposite. I was explaining why it might be hard to look past the immature presentation of the OP's complaints, but stating that some were indeed valid, albeit for different reasons than the ones he presents.
As such, your post was more or less a reiteration (with some accusatory tones mixed in) of what I said, while attempting to teach us, the Forge community a valuable life lesson.

Lesson received--thanks!

JackSmack

JackSmack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Nice derail of thread.

The reason why i liked my own post was actually because i was surprised to see the button there... The few other forums where i actually bothered making an account such actions are disabled on your on posts..... so it was out of pure curiousity.

Anyway... nice derail.

Not gonna bother replying to you wooot. Because you missed the start of my OP.

Hi

I would like to summarize what i believe is the most urgent issues Forge currently has. Feel free to comment.

Shamans jumping around like gubbi bears still makes my eyes bleed though....

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope

You actually took so much time just to type such an long answer to explain why doesn't liking your own post make you look like an idiot.
Im sorry if I used a wrong word, "selfish", english isn't my native language. Maybe "narcisstic" would fit better then, how 'bout that ?

Narcissism is a personality trait described by selfishness, so no, it wouldn't fit better.

To describe someone who would like his own post as a narcassist would be an extreme hyperbole and you'd have to jump to conclusion to even make this deduction.

Just as how you jumped to conclusion when you said you knew why I colour my text blue every time I post.

I'm sorry JackSmack, I'll refrain from going off-topic from now on.
Posted Image

Ipath

Ipath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis,Indiana

Just as how you jumped to conclusion when you said you knew why I colour my text blue every time I post.

Assburgers
Less QQ More Pewpew!
Steam ID - Ipath423

Hasty

Hasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationFinland

Narcissism is a personality trait described by selfishness, so no, it wouldn't fit better.

To describe someone who would like his own post as a narcassist would be an extreme hyperbole and you'd have to jump to conclusion to even make this deduction.

Being a wise-ass doesn't make you look more intelligent either. Selfish people don't fit in the community, as they don't give a damn about others, so, they better off go play some single player !

Im not going to write 10 rows about why does a person who likes his/her own post look like an idiot.

Sephorria

Sephorria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
Would you two kiss already? This pissing match isn't getting anything accomplished as far as the original post.
  • Sephorria likes this

Hasty

Hasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationFinland

Would you two kiss already? This pissing match isn't getting anything accomplished as far as the original post.

Indeed, Im off from this now. /Pantheras Kiss

TunesForToons

TunesForToons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEurope
Too bad, I would love to have a discussion on whether or not one of the foundations of a society is altruism.
Posted Image

ijust

ijust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Too bad, I would love to have a discussion on whether or not one of the foundations of a society is altruism.

Pure altruism isn't possible; instilled altruism on the other hand, now that's different. However, that's for a different time, and I think it'd be best to see this thread die off now.
  • Hasty likes this
Du fühlst dich jung, doch das Leben hat dich alt gemacht.
6:58pm, 8-1-13, Drayfinauk and I play catch.

Lucavi

Lucavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

JackSmack talks smack, just like his name. All them noobs are trying to change the game in the way they would like it themselves. Get 100 hours of playtime experience before you complain about any balance issues. Not everything is broken like you say, actually most of the things are fine - There are only few slightly broken mechanics in classes, such as warden charge stunning, but this is going to be changed to a slow in the next patch.

You clearly have some serious l2p issues there, as I said, get some experience before you complain. If you don't like the game as it is now, read the upcoming patch notes. If you still dislike it, the game is not ment for you, you may still play it if you change your mind, or go away, but you just don't tell that everything in the game is broken becouse you don't like it and you think its retarded.

Edit: I played against you today, one of the worst shamans Ive seen.

You really need to either change your attitude or get out. You're repulsive to new members of the community. You apparently have a problem with people talking smack yet you do worse and once again (not only in this topic), you provoke. Stop inferring things for people and use what was said. You also always end the comment with "I played against you, you suck". I don't know how you haven't had a problem in the forums before but yeah. I suppose you don't act the way you do in real life so i expect you don't do it here. No different.

Anyway, I agree with some points, others I disagree. Most issues are already established (but not addressed) so it's safe to imply they're working on it.

OTC

OTC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew York City

I'm sorry JackSmack, I'll refrain from going off-topic from now on.

LIAR!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, gameplay, healing, combat, fixes, aiming, UI, combat damage, targetting, XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users