Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alterac Valley/dota/lol Style Maps

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Murraytheskull

Murraytheskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
A lot of people have compared the game's gameplay to a fast-paced warsong gulch style game. As an ex-wow player, I personally found that to be the worst of the pvp areas. :mrgreen:

What i think would make for a great addition to a game like forge is the possibility of making a variation on the DOTA formula as an objective mode.

What I have in mind is the following:

- In short for the people who don't know DOTA/LOL/AV ( what rock have you been under?): DOTA or LOL ( League of legends ) features competitive combat between heroes and npc minions. The objective is to destroy an enemy base/nexus/whatever you want to call it. Along the way you have to destroy some pretty powerful towers to get to the base. For some people this will remind them of the alterac valley map in WOW, where the objective is to kill the enemy general .

- For Forge: So after TDM and CTF ( relic = flag? :P ), a more objective oriented game mode could make for a good addition to the class based team oriented combat. A single objective that HAS to be destroyed, towers ( that actively bar the way or attack ) CAn be destroyed to make a path. In this sense, (partially) destructive environments would be great. Wardens bashing down gates or pyromancers burning them to ash, etc... Multiple possible pathways ( cfr DOTA or any decent FPS map ) give plenty of potential for mayhe all over the place with shifting attack/defense positions.
  • LarsVanCiental, SirPockets, Sarrixx and 17 others like this

SirPockets

SirPockets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA - Iowa
Seed planted. I hope it grows that actually sounds rather enjoyable!

Cheers
Steam: cloud0351

nucu

nucu

Zealot

• Forge Cohorts
  • PipPip
  • 1106 posts
  • LocationGermany
Nothing like that is planned.
But a labyrinth mode is planned to be released around may.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
Homer Simpson

Get your Shaman Ph.D.
"Shaman is OP, stop playing him Nucu"

Vyrkiel

Vyrkiel

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
Nucu, do you have the complete schedule? It is private ?
Posted ImageVyrkiel, on 18 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

We're charging so fast we can simply go through material. Simple logic.

Sneakyo : Indeed, you accelerate past the speed of light, therefore increasing your mass to infinitely high levels due to mass dilation. This spawns a black hole, which causes you to 'spaghettify' as you move out from the even horizon surrounding you, increasing your lenth and decreasing your width to below the size of the gaps between atoms in the bricks of the wall. You push through the lattice structure of the brick with ease, reassembling yourself on the other side by decelerating to normal speeds again, reversing the process. That is precisely how the Warden passes through seemingly solid objects!

PvP vidz :

Cloudx

Cloudx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLancashire, uk
How about they give us kill streak rewards I'd love to see UAVs and chopper gunners in the sky, also the chopper gunners can shoot through walls and it lasts 5 mins or untill the enemy team rage quits, also I'd love to see a secondary weapon maybe a rocket launcher so I could shoot down the UAVs just my opinion though >.<
  • Hotsteppernp, Koronisz and Dey like this

nucu

nucu

Zealot

• Forge Cohorts
  • PipPip
  • 1106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Nucu, do you have the complete schedule? It is private ?

Gonna post a rounded up shedule the next days, need to do other things first :x
  • Vyrkiel likes this
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
Homer Simpson

Get your Shaman Ph.D.
"Shaman is OP, stop playing him Nucu"

Vyrkiel

Vyrkiel

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
Okay, keep it up :).
Posted ImageVyrkiel, on 18 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

We're charging so fast we can simply go through material. Simple logic.

Sneakyo : Indeed, you accelerate past the speed of light, therefore increasing your mass to infinitely high levels due to mass dilation. This spawns a black hole, which causes you to 'spaghettify' as you move out from the even horizon surrounding you, increasing your lenth and decreasing your width to below the size of the gaps between atoms in the bricks of the wall. You push through the lattice structure of the brick with ease, reassembling yourself on the other side by decelerating to normal speeds again, reversing the process. That is precisely how the Warden passes through seemingly solid objects!

PvP vidz :

Zerixar

Zerixar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBumfuck Nowhere, Alaska

How about they give us kill streak rewards I'd love to see UAVs and chopper gunners in the sky, also the chopper gunners can shoot through walls and it lasts 5 mins or untill the enemy team rage quits, also I'd love to see a secondary weapon maybe a rocket launcher so I could shoot down the UAVs just my opinion though >.<

ooh, yeah, and a missle that explodes into more missiles, and little heat seaking grenades with wings, and invisible helicopters. totally.

waaaiiit a minute..... this exists somewhere....... 0.o
I came to bring the pain...

Vorgak

Vorgak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain's ruins
How about change game's name to "Alterac Valley with Dota and LOL"?
Merry Xmas!

Sarrixx

Sarrixx

• Oceanic Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia
This is an awesome idea! I use to love AV when TBC came out. I farmed it in vanilla for the Stormpike Charger. Just bought Forge today and love it, but this would be the icing on the cake for sure!

Jogust

Jogust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
A game mode in this that's like smite? (Lol/Dota) That would be amazing! If you maganed to do it right with thees advanced grafics i would be sold and would like to pay for the game even though it's f2p!!

GrayPhilosophy

GrayPhilosophy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Maps with developing objectives... I like it.
  • AfroKhan likes this

AfroKhan

AfroKhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKentucky,US

Maps with developing objectives... I like it.

I second this... I think it would make the game a lot more interesting.

Feyears

Feyears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
sounds okay, i just wonder about wouldnīt be enough to improve the game mode king of the hill in some ways? i donīt see any more great options without giving us something which already exists.. this game absolutly mustnt become a moba imo. i also suggest not to implement npcīs to ensure pvp will go on the fast and interesting way it does now. just dont let forge become smite, please!! if you want to play lol or smite.. play lol or smite and not forge. i think they are kinda different for reason.

finally i would really like to have more game modes. but i want play forge and not smite ór anything. :)
still, great suggestion. i would love those developing objectives like destroyable environment and stuff..

Yezzdia

Yezzdia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I would just rather not have it turn into another SMNC. I like the idea of complete pvp, so as long as there aren't creep waves, I second this idea! A boss at the end would be interesting, though. Minimal pve is what I would like to see.

Posted Image

toxip

toxip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

This game definitely needs more teamplay focused gamemodes. Pubs are always TDM only because there's not enough people. CTR is just the run of the mill CTF with nothing new and king of the hill is broken and boring. Surely you can have great teamplay if your team is well organised but with nothing to strive people for teamplay it's just every man for themself. Besides healing totems take people away from teamfights.

+1 for this idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users