Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beta Season

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

The first FORGE Teams Season has officially kicked off!!! We need more help in making sure Teams is solid so we're going to have an Open Beta short 1-month Season for the first Season. That means you could place and earn team badges/XP very quickly. It also means that there might be some bugs. We will fix them ASAP as they arise. 

Thanks everyone for making Teams an amazing feature. It was fun working on your design!

-Remy

• Dollparts, Denaszune, Vihs and 5 others like this

Incanuth

Incanuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Today we were actually able to test out some games :-P

However, there were some issues when attempting to launch a game. Even when my whole team was in the play lobby, and marked as ready, the match wouldn't launch. This was while the other team had already launched so it wasn't like it was looking for a team to fight. The first game we all backed out to the main menu, then we went back into the launching lobby and it worked. To get the match to launch for the second game, we had to restart Forge entirely. Once we got in game everything went smoothly and the ratings updated very quickly once it was over. So the only real issue that pops out initially seems to be launching a game, even though it isn't very tough to work around it is still a bit of a hassle.

Also: I'm a little confused about the badges. It shows one called "Perfect Attendance" -level 0, but I can't find where to see the progress of the badge (how close it is to advancing).

So far teams are really fun, they just need some more polishing. Good job!

• ekaWake and XxEnzoxX like this

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?...If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Great, Glad to see it mostly working!!! I'll take a look at both you issue with the lobby launching and the badge level ups. So far, these smaller issues just seem to be deployment issues and are really easy to fix.

I'll keep fixing as you guys find them :)

• Dollparts, ekaWake and XxEnzoxX like this

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Teams are still not perfect and it will be good to start with a full season. Release 1.16 should have some fixes for teams. Since Summer 14 starts on June 1st we will continue the beta season to the end of this month. Then Summer 14 will start.

• XxEnzoxX likes this

XxEnzoxX

XxEnzoxX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMars

This may sound goofy...

I made a deal with my wife who plays Smite: I'll play legit and carry her to victory if she'll work with me on getting FORGE's population up.  One of the issues she had with teams was that she had to scroll down to find my exact team even after being given a code.

It's a minor issue, she could join the team once she found it, but I figured I'd mention it.  She's doing a great job of advertising, she tells all the players we play with on Smite that it's not skill-competitive enough and that FORGE is better when they ask how I manage to beat people to a pulp.

• Remztan likes this

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

This is great! Every little bit helps - word of mouth is probably one of the better forms of advertising as it's coming from someone you know. And it doesn't cost us much :)

To help encourage this I've been wanting to start back up some kind of refer a friend program. What would be a good incentive for both the referrer and the referee? Badges are coming soon. Maybe a Recruiter/Zealous Badge for referring a certain number and instant level 20 on all characters for the referee?

• XxEnzoxX likes this

XxEnzoxX

XxEnzoxX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMars

That sounds good.  It would eliminate my complaints about not being able to throw traps early on as a pathfinder and allow players to customize a bit off the bat.  Another thing that I've noticed popular in FORGE are titles, even among the seasoned players.  This cookie making elf keeps running around destroying people, but displays the title "Novice" in accordance with his humble personality.  Maybe the title: "Chosen" for those who are referred, and some kind of title for the recruiter that plays in with the lore that sounds cool.  Other recruiter titles like "Organizer", "Coordinator", and such could also give new players a heads up on who to find direction with.  ThaThang and Razius deserve titles like that for their use of the help button - it really helps the team stay on some kind of track instead of getting divided up and picked off by small packs of experienced players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users