Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Servers Dead ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bolsh

bolsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
A few friends of mine and I stumbled upon Forge a few days ago and absolutely love it PvP in the Fantasy/MMO settings is exactly what we were looking for.. Although everynight we login to play, group feature says no server found and the steam server list has maybe 10 people playing ? The only way we can seem to play together is by Qing randomcycle and getting thrown into the same empty server and just wait till teams are balanced ? So is this beautiful and amazingly fun PvP focused game really dead or I'm I missing somekind of hidden servers !?

I have done a few google searches and the only thing I've came across is it lost players because of founders and max lvls walking all over new players... If that's the case I think this game was attracting the wrong people we whent up against a few founders last night and sure they were tough but I felt we held our own.. It could of been a lil better not playing 2 newbies v 3 founders but it was a challenge and fun none the less..

So any suggestion ? I mean we've already dropped $20 a piece on pack and boosters which its well worth it but I hope I didn't board a sinking ship we still plan to stick with it just hope the servers pick up..
  • Dollparts and bolsh like this

Anders

Anders

Laying Siege to Ruins

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
The ship is still cruising along, just at a slow pace :) I'm guessing you were probably one of those two pyros w/ bivrost armor partnered with the shaman last night. Forge's competitive scene is fairly dead right now, but I seem to always be able to find a TDM server to hop in to get my Forge fix. I think there's still a raidcall channel (or something similar) that you can connect to if you want to meet some of the regular players and get some more structured matches going. I don't have that channel info on me but I know some of these other forum guys do. I'd recommend sticking with your teammates much like you did last night as you try to learn everything (there's actually quite a lot to learn, not everything is detailed and and explained well in game), that way you won't get overwhelmed like a lot of new players do. There's a bit of a an issue with the servers sometimes freezing up upon loading a new map, which has not been helping keep the population up. I hope that issue can be fixed "soon".
  • thatguywhosnameisY and ekaWake like this

bolsh

bolsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
Yep that was us, the shaman was a random but there wasn't much we could do, especially with that sick Tinker you had going.. By the time I got a pathfinder down our shaman was mia and I had a chainsaw comming towards me.. But that's one thing I love about this game I've only been playing for 3 days now and holyshit you can have some epic matches and plays especially if you can hold on to a good team.. I'll definitely jump on raidcal. Hopefully more people catch on to Forge everyone I've mentioned it to had never heard of it before were the servers populated a year ago ?
  • Remztan and Dollparts like this

Denaszune

Denaszune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
There were times when the amount of people playing was a lot higher. Especially after the game went FTP. Right now we have a bit of a dry spell. I know the Devs are going to start advertising and developing more features. Hopefully within the next month. I would just stay stick it out. We all want the population to increase.

I can usually find a full forge game at least once a day. I would say check the steam server browser too see when people are playing.

And by the way welcome to Forge! If you need any help or want some tips I would be happy to help.
  • Remztan, Dollparts and ekaWake like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users