Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How To Deal With Assassins As Ranged Class?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jarob22

Jarob22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Hey,

I'm very new to this game so bear with me please :) I was trying out pyro and this 'sin was just right at my feet 24/7...can't do anything about it except for when 5/4 are off cd. Other than that I can't target them at all? :S How to deal with this?...
  • Teafunfaite likes this

Dollparts

Dollparts

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
Hello there hope u enjoy your stay : D ! Well dont forget the assasins stun lets you miss your next attack this means your next stun can miss aswell. So rather use a m1 on the assasin and then place your traps. And learn to block its highly important. And use some wall jumps and you should be in the clear :) !
  • Speed likes this

133548374692.png

thatguywhosnameisY

thatguywhosnameisY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUS
He's playing pyro...

Against a good sin, nothing. Pray you team notices and peels. Usually with a decent sin that won't work either though. So pretty much pray for divine intervention and the sin fucking up. That is literally your best bet.

Good luck in Forge!
  • Jroc likes this

( Y )

Dollparts

Dollparts

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
Or you use your m1 hit and then use your bola stun. Or use your Rocket Jump to get away if you noticed that the assasin used his shadow leap on to you. Else you pop a molten armor and fight him. If you block correctly and keep him pressured every sin has to back out.

133548374692.png

Jarob22

Jarob22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Or you use your m1 hit and then use your bola stun. Or use your Rocket Jump to get away if you noticed that the assasin used his shadow leap on to you. Else you pop a molten armor and fight him. If you block correctly and keep him pressured every sin has to back out.

Cant hit with bola, he is out of target range cause he is below my target reticule. Rocket jump is countered by sin 4 (the leap).

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh

You had me at "bola stun". Bola only stuns when the bola'd target collides with another enemy player. L2pyro.

In response to Jarob: As what Y said, that is correct against a good sin who knows what he/she is doing. However, in the fast majority of cases you will be playing against pub-scrub sins. Try to flame burst away from the sin towards your teamates and stick with them. Ganging a sin is the best strategy to defeat them. If you really get into it, try blocking their first attack out of stealth, mouse-1 them (to get rid of the miss incurred by the sin stun) and then flame burst towards your team. The flame burst applies a flame DoT and will prevent the sin from stealthing away for the next 5 seconds. During that time, you and/or a teammate can followup to hunt the sin.
Follow me on twitch, where I showcase the awesome gameplay of Forge with a touch of Canadian Hilarity:

www.twitch.tv/Jroc_Industries

Jarob22

Jarob22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

You had me at "bola stun". Bola only stuns when the bola'd target collides with another enemy player. L2pyro.

In response to Jarob: As what Y said, that is correct against a good sin who knows what he/she is doing. However, in the fast majority of cases you will be playing against pub-scrub sins. Try to flame burst away from the sin towards your teamates and stick with them. Ganging a sin is the best strategy to defeat them. If you really get into it, try blocking their first attack out of stealth, mouse-1 them (to get rid of the miss incurred by the sin stun) and then flame burst towards your team. The flame burst applies a flame DoT and will prevent the sin from stealthing away for the next 5 seconds. During that time, you and/or a teammate can followup to hunt the sin.

Last few games I played was just 2v2...no team mate*s* to speak of :(

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh

Last few games I played was just 2v2...no team mate*s* to speak of :(

Lol. Welcome to the declining (rock-bottom) population of Forge.
Follow me on twitch, where I showcase the awesome gameplay of Forge with a touch of Canadian Hilarity:

www.twitch.tv/Jroc_Industries

Anebriate

Anebriate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationMaine, US
Put your back to a pit. They will die for your sins.
  • thatguywhosnameisY likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users