Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Map Needs To Be Improved

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

KALUHS

KALUHS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Its too repetitive!

Top floor is nothing but a tug of war match with the ravagers
Bottom floor is suicide

Its boring...

The rest of the maps at least have more than 2 paths to take
  • SecurityPro, Tuhpathe, Falswatlyactbuz and 12 others like this

Razius

Razius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
What do you means exactly with "repetitive"? Because probably the definition in the dictionary doesn't represent what you have in your mind.

Honestly I didn't get what you just said, could you be more detailed about it? Bottom floor is suicide? Top floor is what?
  • Hotsteppernp, Tuhpathe and JohnesPa like this

KALUHS

KALUHS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'll explain In the scenario that both teams are working together, cuz u can't really count the times the teams are stacked.
Now lets concentrate the fight scene on the long paths that lead to the enemies side
i should also clarify that this is how i see it in a TDM, it may play better in other modes but in TDM...

-The map has 2 paths u can take, top and bottom
-Both team struggle to get to the other side
-The top floor is the safest route since u have more room and can use cover along with the healing shrine
-bottom floor is suicide do to the fact that u can get pushed off the bridge in the center and there is no cover

With what i've mentioned above this is how the game ends up playing

-Both teams take the top path
-1 team ends up controlling the center room with healing shrine and view of the bottom floor
-so the other team defends trying to take control of the center room to push the other team back all while keeping an eye on the bottom floor

and so the battle DRAGS ON (this is the boring part) when shamans set up their force fields and the match is decided on which ravager pulls some1 who gets out of cover the most. It's a camp fest.
  • Tuhpathe and JohnesPa like this

Rue

Rue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
in the future, you might want to be more specific.
you wrote a long post about a map you have issue with, without even stating which map you're actually talking about. top floor tug of war, bottom sucide ?!?

the only thing that gave me a clue as to what map you're talking about is the healing room in the middle; after some thinking, i realized you're talking abut capital sewer.

i dont know about you, but for me that map does not play the way you described. sure, initially both team will try to fight it out across from each other, but that doesn't last long. and it's not hard to push through if you know what you're doing.

the thing about that map is that it requires your team to think/act togther more so than any other map.
the reason is because capital sewer,the entire map is a bottleneck, a funnel. and the thing about a funnel in warfare is that the defender has the advantage, because they can form an arc and have 8 people shooting at 1-2 peple that are in front.

because of this, if you want to push through, you need to do it fast and hard as a team, if some on your team pushes while others stay back and try to shoot from far away, then the ones pushing will die immediately once they come out of the funnel and ends up in a 1v8 or 2v8 situation; and the few who didn't push, they either get cauhgt by enemy when they start puhing and realized that they have an advantage in number, or they start running away... and the enemy start chasing the as a team and end up staying together and pushing your team the rest of the game.

when you push on top or bottom, whenever you get into a choke area, the shaman needs to be in front and put down a dome shield as soon as he is near the end of that narrow tunnel to prevent damage that you normally would've received while in a narrow space. By doing this, your team will not take any damage while in that inferior position, and if your team rushes out of that choke and pushes the enemy team together, usually they will start panicking and you will see them all scattered in different directions trying to run away. and your team can just pick one and focus him down and continue chasing own the next target.

however, the trick is, you need to push fast and hard as a team... if you stay in the choke for too long and stayed hesitant, then even with shaman' shield, that shield will be destroyed in 2-4 seconds, and then your team will start feeling the hurt of being in that funnel.

below is a diagram in case you still dont understand:

|| <---- || represents the narrow ledge in captial sewer on top, or the tunnel on bottom
||
||
|| <------- put shield here, need to rush out of this area fast
. . .
. .
------------------------------------ entire enemy team

the reason you put the shield near the end of the tunnel is becuse it's the most efficient way. if you put it at the middle of the tunnel, then the 2 teammates that are at the very front will take damage from 8 enmies when they are outside of the dome and near the end of the tunnel.. so when they do get out of the tunnel, they are most likely dead due to the amount of damage they received. however, if you put the dome at the end of the tunnel, then in that 2-4 seconds when the dome is still up, the people rusing out of the dome and out of the tunnl will be at full health when they go after the enemies, and the teammates who are in the back when your team rushes will also not get any damage when they rush towards the exit (where the shield is)

and the reason why the shaman or warden should be in front is because the warden is tanky, and you as the shaman can afford to take some damge since you can heal yourself back up later.... if you let pathfinder, or other classes lead the charge, they will take damage and you will have to spend time looking for them and targetting them in order to heal them back during the time when they are chasing and fighting the enemy, and if you're not fast enough, they might actually die and your rush will lose its effectiveness.

if your team can get out of that tunnel/funnel fast enough, the enemies will start running away when they see an entire team coming at them. and usually their defensive line will shattered, allowing your team to push and pick them off one by one. and this usually dictates the rest of the game.

this is really not a hard conept to figure out. it's a very subtle thing you do as a shaman that most people dont even realized, but the result can be night and day.

for many people, the shield is something they just put down whenever the enemy is doing damage to your team, but knowing when and where to put down the shield to achieve maximum effeciency is something that most players fail to realize.

for this map, all you have to do is lead the charge as shaman or warden, tell your team to follow you ahead of time, once you get near the end of the choke, if you realize your team is not following you. just fall back to your team and abandon the push, as warden and shaman, you can still get back without dying most of the time.... then try to convince and reassure your team for a second attempt and hope they will follow you. if both teams just stay far away and try to shoot at each other from across the map, neither team is really going to get a significant advantage.
Posted Image

Rue

Rue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
Thank you Rue once again for such a detailed and informative post. I really appreciate you taking your time to provide such valuable guidance.

you are welcomed.
Posted Image

FearHAVOK

FearHAVOK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

the only thing that gave me a clue as to what map you're talking about is the healing room in the middle; after some thinking, i realized you're talking abut capital sewer.

Or you could have just looked at the section this was posted in...

Rue

Rue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
lol touche
Posted Image

Yezzdia

Yezzdia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Personally, I like the Sewers map the best. It forces the teams to actually work together to push forward. Being able to drop down from the top half (when you control it) can lead to sins picking people off or providing an opportune time for his team to push forward. I dunno, I always enjoy that map when I play it.
  • Dollparts likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users