I've taken the liberty of putting together a guide to the Shaman. This is the first guide I've written for a game, and I would greatly appreciate any positive or constructive feedback.
- Brief introduction to the class.
- Shaman skills as described in Forge, along with my comments about them.
- Common scenarios that pop up when you're healing, and some advice for handling them.
- My personal choices for customizing A / S / E and focus abilities, along with some basic reasoning for these choices.
- List of general tips.
- List of Shamans whose gameplay you should study if you'd like to improve your skills.
I've put the guide into its own PDF, rather than attempting to type out all the formatting into the post itself.
Link for viewing and downloading: https://www.dropbox....ShamanGuide.pdf
- Added a section with some tactics to use, including a subsection suggested by Foxx.
- Added a healing rotation to use for burst healing, contributed by Foxx.
- Other minor stuff.
- Added a tip and made some corrections, thanks to FearHAVOK.
- Expanded some sections, reworded some things, and made other minor changes on 11 December 2013.
- Added a tip or two, as well as a link to Foxx's guide (http://www.playforge...to-not-sucking/) on 3 February 2014.
- Added a tip or two, and made some minor wording and format tweaks. Also added a discussion of channeling vs casting. 5 August 2014.