Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sign-Ups For Esl Forge Trial Cup!

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Drayfinauk

Drayfinauk

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
Hey Forge players!

As many, if not all of you know, we're going to be having our ESL Trial Cup starting in just a few days from now (9/8/2013). In order for this event to take place, we first have to have at least 32 teams in place to compete.

As we strive to meet this number, we realized that it takes a bit longer to search for players for your team before signing up as a team for the Trial Cup. So... we have an idea!

We would like you guys to sign up as individual players then when we get enough players, we'll group you together as teams of three. From there, you guys can decide who will main what classes!

Please remember, this is all in fun so we don't have to have that super duper destructo terminator group of players put together, lol! We just want to get some numbers together for the Cup so that we can display Forge to the ESL community.

Please let us know if you would like to participate by posting your Forge game name in this post. We'll then place teams together and post them teams either in this post or a new one!

Keep in ind that we don't have much time so join up for some fun and tell your friends!!

Thanks!
~Drayfinauk
  • Wayward1, Anders, Patience and 6 others like this

Razius

Razius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
So... can we join as a team or do we HAVE TO join individually like the usual saturday tournaments?
I mean is this for helping new players participating or even established teams have to separate and play with new players?
Sorry for the obvious question but there's a difference between "we would like you to join singular" and "you have to in order to participate".

FanboyHunter

FanboyHunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
I'll play

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
As a Team :) This thread though is meant for those without a team to help find each other to create a team and then go sign up on the ESL site as a team. We should re-name this thread something like "Need a Team? Find a Team."

Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationATL
Consider me a standby. I am about 90% sure I will be in New Orleans to watch my fellow birds eat some holy men in a game of Hand Egg. I will do my best to inform you all as soon as I know. If I am here, I will gladly be a free agent.
  • Anebriate and bogalizard like this

Thread

Thread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIdaho
I would like to join. Steam name is Thread
Not sure if i needed to add this but i'm not on a team, just joining alone.

Samyazza

Samyazza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Same name on steam.
No team and I'm ok with playing with some new guys, joining singular =)

HADES32

HADES32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
i would love to play but I have work on sunday my name is HADES on steam ifthere is ever a tournament u can just message me so I can clear my schedule :]

SoloxaR

SoloxaR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Quebec, Canada
I'll come

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

we first have to have at least 32 teams in place to compete.

I thought you needed at least 8 and 32 was the max.

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

I thought you needed at least 8 and 32 was the max.

The more, the merrier. I'm don't think 32 is a must, but we're waiting on clarification from ESL. Stay tuned for the answer.
  • BouncingDwarf likes this

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

The more, the merrier. I'm don't think 32 is a must, but we're waiting on clarification from ESL. Stay tuned for the answer.

8 is what Dominaxx said in the other thread. That's also what it says on the FB page.
"We might have FORGE on ESL soon, you decide! If at least 8 teams sign up, we can offer you cups every week!"
  • Dominaxx likes this

MrFiggles

MrFiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington
I'll gladly join a team if anyone is looking for a decent Shaman. I can also play Pathfinder or Pyro (But not very well.) So if you're looking for a decent healer just add me on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrFiggles
Posted Image

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
Sounds good to me! :) Thanks LoanableD!

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
RD: can you do us a favor and post this link on the FB page? Mention "no need to have a team, sign up on Forge forums as a free agent player, and they'll get you on a team".

Thx!

MasterMike

MasterMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
I'm in :)

Mo0ski

Mo0ski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
I'm in.
Steam name Masushi2 Search should result with "[BLS]Mo0ski"

Drayfinauk

Drayfinauk

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
Thank you for your responses guys!

For instructions on how to sign up as a team, please go to this link: http://www.esl.eu/eu/gettingstarted/

So, since you are not able to sign up individually, we will help to pair you up into teams then letting you know who is on your team. From there, one of your team members can go to the above link and register your team! Please be sure to add your Steam ID to play in the tourney. You can locate your Steam ID here: http://steamidfinder.com/

(How to use Steam ID Finder)

1. Type/paste your Steam name in the text field and click on the search icon

Your Steam ID should appear in another field just below your Steam name. If should resemble something like this: 0:0:45548086

Then add your Steam ID here: http://www.esl.eu/eu...e=SteamID_Forge

It's that simple guys!

If you have any questions, you can message me or Rethink on our forum page. You can also send him an email at: rethink@staff.esl.eu. It may take him a little bit to get back to you due to the fact that he get's swamped at times. He's also on raidcall a lot and can be contacted there.

Thanks again!

Darkwele

Darkwele

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Hey guys I am new to Forge and have been playing it for 5 days now and really wanting to compete in this tourney. If anyone needs a fill in for their team feel free to message me on the forums and I would gladly join.

If you would like to talk or ask me anything: http://steamcommunit...61198039184444/

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
Thx to all the players that have jumped in! :) I am pushing for a prize for the highest placing "free agent" team! WOOT!

And we know it's not as easy as clicking something to join, but it's a one time process to get an ESL account and to form a team.

You will be all set for easy click to future ESL tournaments! :)
  • Dominaxx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users