Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forge On Esl! Sign Up For Test-Cup Now!

Signup ESL cup 3v3 test forgeonesl

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Dominaxx

Dominaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationESL, Trial League Admin

Posted Image
With great satisfaction i'd like to announce that the first Test-cup for Forge is available for sign-up! So, start telling your friends! Group together! Practice! and make it a great tournament!

!!!Link!!!

http://www.esl.eu/eu...es/news/228009/

!!!Also Join the "Play Forge on ESL" Group on Facebook for all your latest related ESL news(Tips,Tricks, LF Team/players, events)!!!

https://www.facebook...playforgeonesl/

Info & rules:

Teamsize: 3on3

Cup size: 32 teams - Single Elimination

Mode: Arena

Ruleset: 3 map - MR3 - first to 2

Maps: Set maps per round.

Map pool:

Hal'vak Arena

Capital Siege Market

Ymil's Throne

Weapons & rules:

Only 1 of any class per team

Every focus can be used

Schedule:

Round 1: 08/09/13 19:00 CET

Round 2: 08/09/13 20:00 CET

Round 3: 08/09/13 21:00 CET

Round 4: 08/09/13 22:00 CET

Round 5: 15/09/13 19:00 CET

Is there also anything to win?

Even thought this is just a test cup, we still want you guys to play for something. That is why there will be a small prize:

•5 x 1 month premium for the winning team

•A Unique Title

•Bivrost armour for all classes

•Muspelheim set for one class

1000 ORE for every participant of this test cup!!

Bivröst Armor - Winner recieves this for all classes

Posted Image

It is said that there was once a rainbow bridge that connected Mitgarde to Astgarte, the dwelling of the gods. When The Devourer swallowed the gods, that rainbow bridge crumpled, the colors separating and falling towards the earth like brightly colored crumbs. These pieces were discovered by the Vaklyndr at night when they lit up the ground where they lay. Each class has taken a different color and forged it into their armor, wearing what once connected us to the gods for protection and strength in their fight to free their gods.

Armor of Muspelheim - Winner recieves this for one class

Posted Image

When the world was first formed, there was a piece of land that was overtaken by lava. The lava constantly burned, the molten flames covering the mountains like a lake of fire. Only the bravest of Vaklyndr journeyed into this land to harvest this lava and meld it together with iron to form this armor. Not only does it glow with the heat of this ancient land, it provides extra protection against attacks.

Spectate the Cup on multiple streams!

Vihs on twitch.tv/vihsion

Jonathan on twitch.tv/jonathansty

Jroc on twitch.tv/jroc_industries

Hyss on twitch.tv/hysswastaken

!!!Link!!!

http://www.esl.eu/eu...es/news/228009/

!!!Also Join the "Play Forge on ESL" Group on Facebook for all your latest related ESL news(Tips,Tricks, LF Team/players, events)!!!

https://www.facebook...playforgeonesl/

Let's get things going!

Best Regards,

• Remztan, Qwahzi, Yormaika and 1 other like this

Posted Image

“I just think we’re living in a time of massive, amazing change, like the Industrial Revolution on acid.”

– Kelly Lynch –

jonathansty

jonathansty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
I am so gonna sign up our team. Atleast if those lazy bastards reply...
Posted Image

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1330 posts
Holy mother, those rewards!

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
C'mon folks. We know there has been debate on whether Forge is "ready" for competitive play. We have been given this opportunity and now or never is the time to do this. So put all the debate away (and we know we have a lot to get Forge to be where it should be for ESL or MLG), and put your support behind this opportunity to help Forge get bigger and recognition.

Looks like we need 100 or so participants, and it's first come first served to sign up quickly (but only if you are fairly certain you can participate).

This is one of the few rare opportunities we have to "market" and get word out about Forge to a wider audience. We need and call upon your help once more!

See you in Forge in the ESL cup!
  • Remztan, Qwahzi and Dominaxx like this

rethink

rethink

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
For anyone who needs help setting up a team:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/gettingstarted/

Patience

Patience

Alpha Male

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
Why couldn't you wait until I was back home ._. Now I'm gonna have to play on my shitty laptop.

Excited to see what teams participate. Also calling finals: Sham+Path+Warden vs Sham+Path+Pyro.
  • Dollparts likes this
yay

Dominaxx

Dominaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Still looking for a team to play with aswell ^^

Posted Image

“I just think we’re living in a time of massive, amazing change, like the Industrial Revolution on acid.”

– Kelly Lynch –

Anebriate

Anebriate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMaine, US
In case anyone struggles with time-zones, it's "Central European Time," which is 7 hours ahead of EST (Eastern Standard Time). 19:00 CET = 2:00 PM on the east coast of the US/Canada or 11:00 AM on the west coast. It looks like all the games are scheduled on Sundays.

rethink

rethink

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

In case anyone struggles with time-zones, it's "Central European Time," which is 7 hours ahead of EST (Eastern Standard Time). 19:00 CET = 2:00 PM on the east coast of the US/Canada or 11:00 AM on the west coast. It looks like all the games are scheduled on Sundays.

If there are regional reasons that cause issues contact me before matches.
Within reason I can make exceptions to the times of some matches assuming BOTH teams in the match agree to the change.

ALSO unlike the weekly tournaments sign ups WILL close, if you are too late you missed your chance and won't be able to play, you MUST sign up before 32 teams or the cut off date on the 8th September 18:30

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Ruleset: 3 map - MR3 - first to 2

Maps: Set maps per round.

Map pool:

Hal'vak Arena

Capital Siege Market

Ymil's Throne

I have some questions about this:
When you say set maps, do teams get to choose which map they want to play on or is it based on the current server map rotation?

Also, in previous tournaments there have been issues of players not choosing a class in time or not choosing the right class in which case everyone has to 'k' out. That in turn means the map switches before the three rounds are up. If all three rounds must be played on a set map, then players would have to 'k' out through the entire map rotation to get to the proper one again. Are there going to be servers where this will not be an issue?
Personally, I think it would be a good idea to create tournament servers where the round doesn't start until everyone has chosen a class and pressed "I'm ready". I also think the host should be able to choose the map so that everything can run as smoothly as possible.

rethink

rethink

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

I have some questions about this:
When you say set maps, do teams get to choose which map they want to play on or is it based on the current server map rotation?

Also, in previous tournaments there have been issues of players not choosing a class in time or not choosing the right class in which case everyone has to 'k' out. That in turn means the map switches before the three rounds are up. If all three rounds must be played on a set map, then players would have to 'k' out through the entire map rotation to get to the proper one again. Are there going to be servers where this will not be an issue?
Personally, I think it would be a good idea to create tournament servers where the round doesn't start until everyone has chosen a class and pressed "I'm ready". I also think the host should be able to choose the map so that everything can run as smoothly as possible.

Start on whichever map is on, losing team picks next map.
There will be special servers. Talking with Way to set them up more details soon.
As to people picking the wrong class I STRONGLY advice you to be more careful. I will have a word with core about that but my guess is you picked the wrong class, it's on you. Unless the other team feels like being bros. I recommend strongly going to spectate, picking your class, then when all are ready join your team.

Fury

Fury

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationUSA
I would so like to do this, but the ping difference between EU and NA servers is huge in competitive. ESL is an EU organization so I'm assuming the focus is on EU players. If that's not the case and NA servers will be an option, then I'd be much more interested.
Posted Image
Bad games, funny commentary on: Don't Press Start!

Trinica

Trinica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
So the same 3 people on every team have to commit to being available at the same time on the same day for five weeks in a row? How is that going to be possible? There's certainly no way to get 32 different teams to commit anyway, especially with there being no team feature in-game. There are no established teams as of yet besides the - erm - TWO (unofficial) clans and their members, how is anyone supposed to get teams together or even practice for this event that spans over a month? I just don't get how this is viable. It's too early to even attempt something like this. It would be awesome if it succeeds, but I really don't see that happening.

EDIT: Not to be even more of a Negative Nelly, but this is also going to be held on EU servers, which basically limits the field even further. This certainly won't be very easy to find players for. =p

KiLLyOU

KiLLyOU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

So the same 3 people on every team have to commit to being available at the same time on the same day for five weeks in a row? How is that going to be possible? There's certainly no way to get 32 different teams to commit anyway, especially with there being no team feature in-game. There are no established teams as of yet besides the - erm - TWO (unofficial) clans and their members, how is anyone supposed to get teams together or even practice for this event that spans over a month? I just don't get how this is viable. It's too early to even attempt something like this. It would be awesome if it succeeds, but I really don't see that happening.

i have the same mixed feelings about it.
it was a little bit to early for esl stuff.
ofcourse this game is meant to be played competitive, but without a competitive playerbase it will not work.
KiLLyOU

Anebriate

Anebriate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMaine, US

EDIT: Not to be even more of a Negative Nelly, but this is also going to be held on EU servers, which basically limits the field even further. This certainly won't be very easy to find players for. =p

If it actually happens, it's going to be a goddamn Christmas miracle. I know the OP had good intentions, but as I said in the other thread, this is premature and is going to end up causing more harm than good.

That said, I'm signing up, because I'm not going to be the one that causes it to fail.
  • Trinica, Razius and Fury like this

Dominaxx

Dominaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
It doesn't say that 32 teams is needed. it actually says that that's the Cup size. Also... as mentioned on the ESL Fb-Page. Please, there for read this link:
https://www.facebook...39768520&type=1
Also, if you want to be up to date with the latest ESL related news. Join the "Play Forge on ESL"-group on facebook! :)

best regards,

Posted Image

– Kelly Lynch –

Hyss

Hyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Might be hard to get that many teams since there's no need for people to make teams yet. Joined and hope people man up! :)
  • Dominaxx likes this

Patience

Patience

Alpha Male

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
If the 3 established teams (bD, OP, YSG/Titanios) and Rethink's new Nerv participate, we already have 4. Maybe some of them can even send two. EU ping is a huge disadvantage for west coast 'muricans (and canadians), but man up and just use it as an excuse.

We still need a couple of new teams though, and apparently really quick. We should have a buzzword sticky up explaining how to sign up and promotion on the menu screen ingame really soon. The fact that it's ESL also probably scares people away, it should say somewhere that you don't actually have to be good to participate if you don't mind getting stomped by vets.
yay

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts
I noticed you changed one of the server names to try to advertise this. But it seems that you can also post news in the store so I was wondering if you could mention both the competition and the prizes available in an attempt to get more people. And it is store related since they can win skins.

Also, I created a thread for people that are looking for a team.
http://www.playforge...r-esl-test-cup/

Wayward1

Wayward1

Elite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
Please sign up folks. EU may have "home field" advantage this time, but we can certainly host it on NA servers for the next ESL tourney. It's especially important now to support Forge on ESL as interest will determine whether we will have a permanent spot on ESL.
  • Dominaxx likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Signup, ESL, cup, 3v3, test, forgeonesl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users