IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD...
That's right, you can now get both Tinker, the free new character DLC in Forge, and patch 1.09. Very exciting stuff! You have all been waiting for Tinker for quite some time (hopefully you saw the teaser videos we released), so we hope you enjoy all the barricading, chomping, cata padding, and turreting that is in your immediate future.
In case you missed the teaser videos, you can learn more about all of Tinker's moves on YouTube or watch the embedded playlist below.
Patch 1.09 also introduces a whole slew of new features, so check out the patch notes here or read below:
These patch notes are intended to highlight the most significant changes but don’t cover every modification to the game as part of this update.
Key New Features
- Tinker – an all new class that can drop traps, build walls, deploy a turret, and throw wrenches.
- The light towers have a new look, and now change color to indicate what team is currently in control of them.
- Added hit feedback sounds for when you hit somebody else, and when you get hit.
- Fixed the Shrine healing VFX to fires in SinglePlayer.
- Fixed casting VFX firing on AI in SinglePlayer.
- Fix for players who have invalid class level (should fix un-levelable classes).
- Upgraded Ranked game team balance logic.
- Fix to Ranked game not shuffling in spectators if someone leaves during warmup.
- Ravager Wars – the first mod for Forge.
- Energy arc moved to be vertical on the HUD (right of the crosshair).
- Health arc added to the HUD to the left of the crosshair.
- The blocking UI has moved from the right to the left of the crosshair.
- Your health arc and health bar, as well as nameplate health bars now show white ‘lost’ health when damaged.
- Changed damage numbers so they are now consolidated per tick. This mostly effects dots and FlakShot.
- Fixed toggling the scoreboard breaking the tutorials.
- Fixed the chat font not loading in the groups menu.
- The light towers have reduced range (700 to 500), forcing you to go in closer to start occupation.
- Fixed projectiles giving mana when hitting dead bodies.
- Improved auto wall joining logic.
- Added config option to skip the simulated cast effect of abilities.
- The following abilities now never use simulation (effect only on hit/success): Stand Ground, Caltrops, Explosive Trap, Shield Storm, Shockwave, Chain Slap.
- Fixed the cast sound for charging leap so it now only plays when the Warden successfully leaps.
- Improved Shield Storm so it’s less likely to fall through the world.
What do you think? Are YOU ready for Tinker?!