Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[New Class] Tinker Is Here Along With Patch 1.09

new class tinker ravager wars patch 1.09

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD...

That's right, you can now get both Tinker, the free new character DLC in Forge, and patch 1.09. Very exciting stuff! You have all been waiting for Tinker for quite some time (hopefully you saw the teaser videos we released), so we hope you enjoy all the barricading, chomping, cata padding, and turreting that is in your immediate future. 

In case you missed the teaser videos, you can learn more about all of Tinker's moves on YouTube or watch the embedded playlist below. 

Patch 1.09 also introduces a whole slew of new features, so check out the patch notes here or read below: 

These patch notes are intended to highlight the most significant changes but don’t cover every modification to the game as part of this update.

Key New Features

• Tinker – an all new class that can drop traps, build walls, deploy a turret, and throw wrenches.

General

• The light towers have a new look, and now change color to indicate what team is currently in control of them.
  • Added hit feedback sounds for when you hit somebody else, and when you get hit.
  • Fixed the Shrine healing VFX to fires in SinglePlayer.
  • Fixed casting VFX firing on AI in SinglePlayer.
  • Fix for players who have invalid class level (should fix un-levelable classes).
  • Upgraded Ranked game team balance logic.
  • Fix to Ranked game not shuffling in spectators if someone leaves during warmup.
  • Ravager Wars – the first mod for Forge.

UI

• Energy arc moved to be vertical on the HUD (right of the crosshair).
  • Health arc added to the HUD to the left of the crosshair.
  • The blocking UI has moved from the right to the left of the crosshair.
  • Your health arc and health bar, as well as nameplate health bars now show white ‘lost’ health when damaged.
  • Changed damage numbers so they are now consolidated per tick. This mostly effects dots and FlakShot.
  • Fixed toggling the scoreboard breaking the tutorials.
  • Fixed the chat font not loading in the groups menu.

Gameplay

• The light towers have reduced range (700 to 500), forcing you to go in closer to start occupation.
  • Fixed projectiles giving mana when hitting dead bodies.
  • Improved auto wall joining logic.
  • Added config option to skip the simulated cast effect of abilities.
  • The following abilities now never use simulation (effect only on hit/success): Stand Ground, Caltrops, Explosive Trap, Shield Storm, Shockwave, Chain Slap.

Warden

• Fixed the cast sound for charging leap so it now only plays when the Warden successfully leaps.
  • Improved Shield Storm so it’s less likely to fall through the world.

What do you think? Are YOU ready for Tinker?!

• Qwahzi, Falswatlyactbuz, Radiguet and 2 others like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge
Steam: DarkValeGames_Alec
Facebook: /PlayForgeWar
Twitter: @PlayForgeGame
Twitch: /DarkValeGames

Posted Image

Radiguet

Radiguet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Finally. I'm downloading the patch right now to see the changes.
Nice work.
  • stevenhalley342 likes this

"YOU SEE IVAN, WHEN YOU HOLD PEESTOL LIKE ME,
YOU SHALL NEVER SHOOT THE INACCURATE BECAUSE FEAR OF SHOOTING FINGERS!"

ControllingTheCakeArmy

ControllingTheCakeArmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Enjoying this class a lot, takes some time getting use to and seems to be very weak in battle. I am already combining moves together to make deadly attacks. This class can also terminate a pathfinder by counter-attacking after a camouflage swap.

Hope people will try and learn this class, also I think a buff in armour is appropriate but that's just my opinion.

WarTimeraider

WarTimeraider

Paragon

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
Great utility, has great opportunities when in a good team with tactics. The damage however might be to low.. even for a utility-based class

Posted Image

Radiguet

Radiguet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Enjoined it a lot.
Loved the gameplay, she's my favorite character now lol
She's a bit underpowered without her sentry, btw.

Random pic:
Posted Image

"YOU SEE IVAN, WHEN YOU HOLD PEESTOL LIKE ME,
YOU SHALL NEVER SHOOT THE INACCURATE BECAUSE FEAR OF SHOOTING FINGERS!"

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Also, Ravager Wars mod: http://www.playforge...-mod-for-forge/
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA
Amazing hurry up dlc

Battle Shaman - The battle shaman is a tactical class my heals hurt have you ever been healed to death?

Posted Image

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 537 posts
I must say that the tinker has made the sewers an exciting map due to his barricades.

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA

I must say that the tinker has made the sewers an exciting map due to his barricades.

well she may be a bit brutish but is by no means a he
  • RentableDwarf likes this

Battle Shaman - The battle shaman is a tactical class my heals hurt have you ever been healed to death?

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Tinkerfest 2013 is here! Come celebrate Tinker with DOUBLE XP: http://www.playforge...inkerfest-2013/
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA

Tinkerfest 2013 is here! Come celebrate Tinker with DOUBLE XP: http://www.playforge...inkerfest-2013/

I like xp

Posted Image

W4RP1G

W4RP1G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I love engineer classes, but this one feels like a slow, watered down version of the Pyromancer. I'm pretty new to the game so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I don't see any benefit to using this class over the pyromancer, except for maybe the deployable jump pads.

I'd love the see the class buffed a bit, and the wrench replaced with something more useful(like a charge move or something).

Also, don't know if this is already known, but the upgrades for the class abilities don't work.

FearHAVOK

FearHAVOK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

I love engineer classes, but this one feels like a slow, watered down version of the Pyromancer.

Huh?

W4RP1G

W4RP1G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Huh?

Slower, and with some of the same moves, only weaker. Like I said, I haven't been playing very long. But that's the impression I got.

FearHAVOK

FearHAVOK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

Slower, and with some of the same moves, only weaker. Like I said, I haven't been playing very long. But that's the impression I got.

Try them both out again, their escape abilities are the only ones I can think of that are similar. And walls (with different purposes).

W4RP1G

W4RP1G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Try them both out again, their escape abilities are the only ones I can think of that are similar. And walls (with different purposes).

Do you have an example of how each wall type should be used?

I'm reluctant to dump xp into any classes right now since I'm still trying to figure out which is better. It just looks to me like the Tinker is just a slow moving sponge with no real way to defend herself. I'm hoping that's not the case because I love the idea behind the class.

But I guess I should wait until they fix the ability upgrades before I really judge the the Tinker.

FearHAVOK

FearHAVOK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON
Well flame wall can be used to either deal damage on an enemy (preferably one who is stunned so the wall can do more damage) or be used to separate and enemy from his team by breaking LoS on him/ teammates not wanting to run through the wall and take damage. Im sure more experienced Pyros can name some other uses they have (flame burst + firewall combo) but those are 2 that pop to me.

Tinker Barricades can be used as Pillars to LoS behind and poke around to shoot at an enemy, in front of a low health teammate so he doesnt take any more damage, block off certain areas (sewers is an excellent place to create chaos with your walls) and probably countless other ways including wall jumping.

I think the issue you're running into with her is improper placement of barricades and turret which leaves her completely defenseless aside from the trap she can lay. I don't have much time playing the Tinker (probably only a couple of hours) but I have logged substantially more hours playing against them and from that experience I can say that the Tinker's who are most effective are finding a place to lock down and wreak havoc via her turret (and the bouncing blade) without taking any damage from a combination of barricades, wall jumping, and awesome traps.

Like I said I myself am no expert on the Tinker, these are just my observations - if you want more info just watch the scoreboards for a Tinker who is rocking the charts and ask if they wouldn't mind answering a few questions :)

Yormaika

Yormaika

Seer

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationQld, Australia

Do you have an example of how each wall type should be used?

I'm reluctant to dump xp into any classes right now since I'm still trying to figure out which is better. It just looks to me like the Tinker is just a slow moving sponge with no real way to defend herself. I'm hoping that's not the case because I love the idea behind the class.

But I guess I should wait until they fix the ability upgrades before I really judge the the Tinker.

Class reset button is free. just an observation :)
nerf paper, scissors is fine. Yours Truly, Rock.

Deus Mortis ---------------- Pathfinder Guide

BloodSiege

BloodSiege

Blood God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationUSA

Class reset button is free. just an observation :)

This

Posted Image

KeeblerElf

KeeblerElf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
I just wanted to say that I was finally able to try out the Tinker this weekend, and I had a blast! Pulled off some great combos with an Assassin friend (wrench lowers physical armor, and the trap lets my teammate re-stealth; cata pad gives us both an extra escape, too), and got to know the class a little. It has a very unique play style IMO, and I can't wait to play regularly again. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the class, DVG - very good first impressions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new class, tinker, ravager wars, patch, 1.09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users