Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forge V1.05 - Patch Details

patch update v1.05

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Yormaika

Yormaika

Seer

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationQld, Australia

Pathfinder

• Volley now has a max number of hits for the same target, set at two.

was this really necessary? I didnt realize it was broken before, considering you needed extraordinary timing to land more than 3 of the arrows on any single target.
I've never seen anybody concerned by it on the forums. :huh:
/rant

edit: i toned down the rant a little, hehe

edit2: i really should have said Good Job on the patch too. It looks great!
nerf paper, scissors is fine. Yours Truly, Rock.

Deus Mortis ---------------- Pathfinder Guide

Skullious

Skullious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

was this really necessary? I didnt realize it was broken before, considering you needed extraordinary timing to land more than 3 of the arrows on any single target.
I've never seen anybody concerned by it on the forums. :huh:
/rant

edit: i toned down the rant a little, hehe

It will become clear to you once you try the new focus ;)

In saying that we were tossing up over whether or not to make it a rule only for the new focus (could still do this)
  • Yormaika likes this

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1329 posts

What's it do???!

Multiple (short) stuns broken up over a period of time: stun -> free (1s) -> stun -> free (1s) -> stun -> free.
  • Django likes this

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Added updated information courtesy of Digital Confectioners. :)
Dark Vale Games | Forge
Steam: DarkValeGames_Alec
Facebook: /PlayForgeWar
Twitter: @PlayForgeGame
Twitch: /DarkValeGames

Posted Image

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh
Forgot to add in patch notes "Overpowered sin is overpowered"
  • Django likes this
Follow me on twitch, where I showcase the awesome gameplay of Forge with a touch of Canadian Hilarity:

www.twitch.tv/Jroc_Industries

Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
welp, looks like i'm switching to sin

3v0qv7.jpg

It was Django in the shed with a rubber chicken.

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

It will become clear to you once you try the new focus ;)

In saying that we were tossing up over whether or not to make it a rule only for the new focus (could still do this)

I'd like that, I'm sad that the 'skillshot' with multishot is removed. However, the new focus obviously needs it ^^
  • Yormaika likes this
[STREAM] Kokos |OP - lvl99 TINKER! + Pyromancer / Pathfinder / etc

Posted Image

Reepicheep

Reepicheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
"Infrastructural changes allow Forge to grow its playerbase."

What does this mean, exactly?

KingJackaL

KingJackaL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

"Infrastructural changes allow Forge to grow its playerbase."

What does this mean, exactly?

A lot of behind the scenes things that don't effect actual gameplay at all. Large refactors of server systems etc. Some of our previously used systems weren't scaling as we had hoped, so before we advertise the game and increase the player base, we needed to move to systems that do scale well.
  • Qwahzi and Kokos like this

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

I'll let the team know about this. Sorry for the trouble. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I did get a map error upon exiting the game, being the idiot I am I forgot to make a screenshot. Will do if it happens again. (was a quite large error message, around 30-40 lines)

EDIT: http://www.playforge...llection-error/

Loving the patch so far! Maybe because I haven't met any anti-jump smokebomb assassins yet :D

Posted Image

WarTimeraider

WarTimeraider

Paragon

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
Hmm.. nice patch.

The assassn thing.. i know its not that overpowered while in groups and i know assassins should be one of the best 1v1 classes and i rarely ever say something about the balance of games because usually people overreact or just go from wrong experiences...
but for god sake that split up stun is so annoying.. you are simply stunned for 5 seconds+ because you can do anything during the breaks.. cant even lay down a trap within the break :D
  • Qwahzi and Jroc like this

Posted Image

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh

Hmm.. nice patch.

The assassn thing.. i know its not that overpowered while in groups and i know assassins should be one of the best 1v1 classes and i rarely ever say something about the balance of games because usually people overreact or just go from wrong experiences...
but for god sake that split up stun is so annoying.. you are simply stunned for 5 seconds+ because you can do anything during the breaks.. cant even lay down a trap within the break :D

I can put up molten armor (0.5s cast) but I can't rocket jump away (instant)...please somebody explain that to me (and no, im not in a smoke cloud or shadow realm where jumping is prohibited).
  • Django likes this
Follow me on twitch, where I showcase the awesome gameplay of Forge with a touch of Canadian Hilarity:

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

I can put up molten armor (0.5s cast) but I can't rocket jump away (instant)...please somebody explain that to me (and no, im not in a smoke cloud or shadow realm where jumping is prohibited).

That leads to my next question, can you rocket jump in the 'no-jump' smoke? I guess not.

Posted Image

Anebriate

Anebriate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationMaine, US

before we advertise the game and increase the player base, we needed to move to systems that do scale well.

Take notes, EA.
  • Patience and Skullious like this

dacma

dacma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada
Yea, literally cant do anything to prevent death by sin. One of the buffs alone would have been perfect to put the sins on par with the rest, but the combination of the buffs to basically all of the assassin's skill set makes them tremendously OP.

Oh and the new fire wall is also pretty OP too.

Im also feeling that survivability as a shaman because of these new buffs needs to be tweaked if they dont get toned down a bit. Maybe an increase on the self-heal so between those intermittent stuns i can top myself off a little better?

The game should be a little bit more rock-paper-scissors, not rock-paper-scissors-TNT
PLEASE CRITIQUE MY CLASS IDEAS - BE HARSH IF NECESSARY.

Class ideas in Progress: need to decide on two more skills for each class.
Prophet - Support Focused, Secondary Damage
Minstrel - Primary Healer, Secondary Support
Summoner - Primary Dps, Pet based.
Reaper - Melee damage focused, Secondary Support
Unnamed - Support Focused, Secondary Damage

Dev's if you like any of my ideas i would be happy to help create one of these guys!

Kokos

Kokos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Yea, literally cant do anything to prevent death by sin. One of the buffs alone would have been perfect to put the sins on par with the rest, but the combination of the buffs to basically all of the assassin's skill set makes them tremendously OP.

Im also feeling that survivability as a shaman because of these new buffs needs to be tweaked if they dont get toned down a bit. Maybe an increase on the self-heal so between those intermittent stuns i can top myself off a little better?

The game should be a little bit more rock-paper-scissors, not rock-paper-scissors-TNT

Please explain why you think the new firewall is OP, the duration is shortened and the mana cost is brought down (unless I remember incorrectly), so that means as another player you will only notice that it lasts shorter.

Posted Image

Jroc

Jroc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCa-Na-da, ehh

That leads to my next question, can you rocket jump in the 'no-jump' smoke? I guess not.

Already tried, nope, can't rocket jump during it (and yes, it will consume your CD and mana).

The new firewall is not OP, its actually balanced for once (can't firewall mroe than 1 player at a time).

And yes, the sin is tremendously OP right now. One of these variants/changes to the sin in general was good to balance the sin (I like some of the changes). However, a combination of these variants/effects is down right stupid and broken. While we're at it, lets give pyromancer a molten armor variant so that they do 3x extra damage to all spells during its effect. Or rather, lets give the shaman a 300hp instant heal. Whoever made these suggestions regarding the sin to the developers should probably get their head examined. My apologies if the developers have in fact consulted a lot of people about these sin changes, but I have a feeling they did not.

Suggestion to the developers: Sin is broken as all hell and OP, please fix. Also, I would suggest further testing (or rather, better testing) of these types of changes in the future before releasing a patch. It would be alright if you guys did some hotfixes, but you have stated in the past that you do not. Therefore, I think before making major (class breaking) changes to the game (that won't be fixed for another ~month) you should do more testing.

I've noticed in the past few patches sin has gone from being OP --> balanced (some would argue slightly underpowered) --> Way more OP than before. This type of "swaying" back and forth is rather confusing to me, as I thought sin was fine before and that any "slight" buffs that would be needed wouldn't break the class.

On a bright note, I love a lot of things you've guys done with the patch. Don't get me wrong, you guys did a great job, except for the sin-related stuff.
  • Qwahzi and dacma like this

tridee

tridee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOhio
Get rid of the stun - B leave everything else.
Posted Image

Fury

Fury

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationUSA
Forge is patching :o (Praying for my xp)

update: my xp is still gone :<
Posted Image
Bad games, funny commentary on: Don't Press Start!

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Hi Everyone,

We did a quick hot fix of issues we heard from you yesterday on this latest release. Hope this helps! Now it's onto the next patch :)

- Usability: When choosing players in spectator, aim has massive fuzz (very easy to select people).
- Usability: Medal notifications given a slightly different background color to kill notifications.
- Usability: 'Reset Class' button appears pre-migration, but disabled and with a mouseover that tells you you need to play a multiplayer game before the feature will unlock.
- Fix: Sprinting as a spectator added back in.
- Fix: Clicking when viewing a player cycles to the next player.
- Fix: Viewing a player by clicking on them as a spectator now works in multiplayer.
- Fix: Seed of Healing focus B had a 10s cooldown
- Fix: No errors when mousing over abilities in tutorial mode when a spectator.
- Fix: Spectator meter widget correctly goes up to the top of the screen when appropriate.
- Fix: Re-balance of skill-based matchmaking.
- Fix: Fixed crash in groups menu.

-Remy
  • Qwahzi, Yormaika, Kokos and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch, update, v1.05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users