Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contest: Earn The Most Xp In February To Win An Astro A50 Headset And More!

contest Astro A50 Headset Forge t-shirts February Fundays XP Contest XP

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
FEBRUARY FUNDAYS: Whoever earns the most XP in February wins an Astro A50 headset plus a limited edition Assassin t-shirt! Fifteen 2nd place winners get standard limited edition t-shirts!

The results are in!

GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Vihs!!

FINAL RANKINGS:

Vihs |OP 8578050
bD Eradicate 6548050
Reprieve 4355600
Razius |OP 4305900
Jroc |OP 4012500
Kokos 3271300
MarkyX 3259300
Pelican 3255250
ZM LOL 3079300
Asmodel 2796800
Nevermore~OP 2611300
JackSmack 2581950
Bakedtater 2558400
bD #Crop 2402000
bD | Fury 2328750

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: DarkValeAlec will contact you!

That's right, we're holding a month long competition to see who can earn the most XP. Do you have what it takes? Read the details below!

GRAND PRIZE: Whoever earns the most XP in the month gets the Astro A50 wireless headset ($299 value!) and a limited edition Forge Assassin t-shirt based on the shirts that Dark Vale Games wore at PAX!
Posted Image Posted Image

Second Place Prize: The top five XP earners in each region (NA, EU, and everywhere else) will win these very special, limited edition Forge t-shirts - check them out in the image below!

Posted Image

Timeframe:
  • Begins: Monday, February 4th
  • Ends: Thursday, February 28th at midnight PST
As you can see, we've assembled some really sweet gear for prizes in this month long event, so there's sure to be some stiff competition! Do you have what it takes to rack up your XP and win these awesome prizes? There's only one way to find out! :wink:

Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start earning that XP!

Check out the hit we put out on rogue DVG employees for another chance to win a limited edition Forge t-shirt!

EDIT: Here are the top 10 XP earners from February 1st to February 7th (NOTE: The contest did begin on the 4th, so we hope to adjust the rankings below shortly, but this will still give you a good idea of XP earned)

Vihs 1691600
bDeradicate 1116000
Razius 671350
DR. ( . Y . ) 657200
Diamondintherough 629000
bDfury 596400
Asmodel 516550
DR. Jroc 499800
ZM LOL 467550
h?l?p?in 465350

UPDATE (Feb 11): Here's the official tally of the top 15 XP earners from February 4th to February 10th.

gnimraF 1672550
bDeradicate 891450
DR. Jroc 785100
Diamondintherough 624400
ZM LOL 523900
Asmodel 516450
DR. Richard Nixon 507500
Razius 484400
noob3k 478850
Silitium 478550
Tiberias 453050
[OmgDz] 436100
Bakedtater 425450
brimine 403950
bDfury 372300

UPDATE (Feb 19): Here's the official tally of the top 15 XP earners from February 4th to February 17th.

Vihs 3056700
bDeradicate 2451000
DR. Jroc 1593600
ZM LOL 1119350
RubyRedSlippers 1077050
Razius 979500
Bakedtater 932950
Reprieve 871900
Asmodel 857000
bDfury 792900
HVP3$ 770750
[OmgDz] 756150
Ify 734400
Y 729150
brimine 715300

UPDATE: FEB 22nd

Vihs 4125500
bD Eradicate 3172950
Dr. Jr?c 2299400
Razius 1685600
ZM LOL 1396850
Bakedtater 1356600
bDfoxx 1189750
Reprieve 1187850
RubyRedSlippers 1087450
Asmodel 1010450
HVP3$ 1002000
bD Fury 964050
Kokos 914650
) . Y . ( 849800
rethink 849550

UPDATE: FEB 25th

Vihs 7473200
bD Eradicate 6028200
YoloSwag 4110500
Razius 3816000
Dr. Jr?c 3638750
Kokos 3069600
ZM LOL 2846050
MarkyX 2723200
Pelican 2645050
Asmodel 2488250
bDcrop 2385800
JackSmack 2316650
Bakedtater 2232450
bD Fury 2173850
Nevermore~Adeltis 2032050

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Edited by DarkValeAlec, 04 March 2013 - 03:14 PM.
Contest is now for top 15 players due to a problem with tracking players by region. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Anders, Qwahzi, Koronisz and 9 others like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge
Steam: DarkValeGames_Alec
Facebook: /PlayForgeWar
Twitter: @PlayForgeGame
Twitch: /DarkValeGames

Posted Image

Reprieve

Reprieve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMontenegro
Just get rethink to compete and give it to him right away,no need for a competition imo...
I love you.

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1328 posts
If I recall correctly, Eradicate has earned more experience than anyone else (he has three 99s atm?).

I wish I could participate in this, but class and work... :(

Reprieve

Reprieve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMontenegro
Oh yeah he did,but Re got like 3 mil in 5 days,fuark :D

Yeah man same,but we still are amazing so it's good.
I love you.

Maizet

Maizet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationAustria
good idea but its more or less "who plays the most time in Feb", wins.....
Posted Image

CrimsonYeti

CrimsonYeti

Acolyte

• The Acolytes
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew York
I realize this is a completely optional contest, but I do find it amusing that it is based on grinding in a game that sells itself with slogans like "No grind!".

Eradicate

Eradicate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

I realize this is a completely optional contest, but I do find it amusing that it is based on grinding in a game that sells itself with slogans like "No grind!".

Well, it isn't really much of any grinding, it is more of just doing pvp and getting exp for it o.O . You don't really have to change anything from when you play the game to "grind," so it isn't really what most people would say is a "grind" I would think.

RonniePT

RonniePT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAveiro, Portugal

Oh yeah he did,but Re got like 3 mil in 5 days,fuark :D

Yeah man same,but we still are amazing so it's good.

Nice signature you got there, lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RonniePT - Assasin/Shaman

ichig0

ichig0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
Oh, too bad I discovered this 8 days in. I guess I have no chance at all.

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston
Hey guys, we've got a few more events planned throughout the month that will allow you to quickly catch up despite not jumping on this as soon as it was announced. We definitely want to keep things a bit more accessible!

Thanks for all the feedback! Stay tuned for news about these other upcoming events!
  • Diamondintherough and Vihs like this
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

Reprieve

Reprieve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMontenegro

Nice signature you got there, lol.

}

Thanks yo, you are welcome to use it,oh wait :D
I love you.

Diamondintherough

Diamondintherough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
I knew about this contest was happening, I didn't think much of it. In fact, I didn't care about it one little bit, not until someone said I had made this list (much to my surprise). However, as much as I still don't care about the contest, I have come to decide I don't like it.

First off, this is about earning the MOST exp in a month's time, and while i get the premise behind it, I think the game was in a weak developmental position to be holding such a competition. The problem is, all your big names (with an exception or two) are all level 99 players team stacking and killing fairly new, or inexperienced players and bandying their 'experience'.

For me, this team stacking was always an issue, but is doubly worse now, as all your big names: EDIT <names removed for name and shaming violating. Sorry guys> (I've been known to do it too, I'm sure we all are) are stacking teams so that they can pad their exp to further segregate themselves in order to 'win' this competition. Before, while team stacking was frustrating, people would just eventually leave, or move servers to get away from the pug stomp.

However, this competition seems to have exasperbated the issue, and only intensifies leaving one side to heavily complain or quit and come back when the stompers have dispersed.

While I will in no way say that this competition needs to stop, I would ask that in the future, if a competition of this nature comes back around, that you have it as: "Most exp earned in the month of <xxx> in 3v3 arenas. So that way, the ultra competative people will compete against solely ultra competative people.

My 2 copper, anyways.

Oh, and feel free to eliminate me from the list. I *still* don't care about winning or losing this competition. I never did, I just want to play and enjoy myself. That's what I have been (trying) to do.
  • Eradicate and Fury like this

Vihs

Vihs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I have 0 99s atm )= ....shaman is 83 now though (=

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1328 posts
Double exp weekend? :o

(Though that might be better as a promotional weekend after more features are in - a Steam free weekend + double exp + sale).

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

I knew about this contest was happening, I didn't think much of it. In fact, I didn't care about it one little bit, not until someone said I had made this list (much to my surprise). However, as much as I still don't care about the contest, I have come to decide I don't like it.

First off, this is about earning the MOST exp in a month's time, and while i get the premise behind it, I think the game was in a weak developmental position to be holding such a competition. The problem is, all your big names (with an exception or two) are all level 99 players team stacking and killing fairly new, or inexperienced players and bandying their 'experience'.

For me, this team stacking was always an issue, but is doubly worse now, as all your big names: Vihs, DR Jroc, DR ( . Y . ) and the bD clan (I've been known to do it too, I'm sure we all are) are stacking teams so that they can pad their exp to further segregate themselves in order to 'win' this competition. Before, while team stacking was frustrating, people would just eventually leave, or move servers to get away from the pug stomp.

However, this competition seems to have exasperbated the issue, and only intensifies leaving one side to heavily complain or quit and come back when the stompers have dispersed.

While I will in no way say that this competition needs to stop, I would ask that in the future, if a competition of this nature comes back around, that you have it as: "Most exp earned in the month of <xxx> in 3v3 arenas. So that way, the ultra competative people will compete against solely ultra competative people.

My 2 copper, anyways.

Oh, and feel free to eliminate me from the list. I *still* don't care about winning or losing this competition. I never did, I just want to play and enjoy myself. That's what I have been (trying) to do.

Diamondintherough - You make a completely valid point and I suspect you will see us adjust future events to be more inline with what you've described. We want to reward ALL players, both those who play competitively and those who just want to have fun. Setting up a pubstompfest/grindfest for XP over the course of a month may seem to contradict this, but our objective was more about having multiple events that catered to different types of players (for instance, this DVG killshot contest is something that any player can easily participate in) than one all encompassing event. Regardless, you've brought up a great point and we will continue to fine tune events like this in order to make them more about skill, less about grinding, and most of all, not about pubstomping.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

DarkValeAlec

DarkValeAlec

Oracle

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationBoston

Double exp weekend? :o

(Though that might be better as a promotional weekend after more features are in - a Steam free weekend + double exp + sale).

Interesting...
Dark Vale Games | Forge

Posted Image

holopo1nt

holopo1nt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Hey there, been playing Forge since December and happened to notice my name in the top 10 of the first rankings with 465350 as of Feb. 7th.

I've only played more since then so it seems I should be more up in the 600k range.

I've taken the alt+Numpad characters out of my Steam profile name jic this is the problem, it's now simply 'holopoint'.

Sincerely,

Eradicate

Eradicate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

For me, this team stacking was always an issue, but is doubly worse now, as all your big names: Vihs, DR Jroc, DR ( . Y . ) and the bD clan (I've been known to do it too, I'm sure we all are) are stacking teams so that they can pad their exp to further segregate themselves in order to 'win' this competition. Before, while team stacking was frustrating, people would just eventually leave, or move servers to get away from the pug stomp.

My 2 copper, anyways.

Yeah I don't really team stack for this contest unless someone else tries to, but I think it is pretty dumb when people do it, it isn't really much in the spirit of this being a contest, more of just who stacks teams harder, or who stoops to the low level of stacking teams just to win unfairly... to be honest, I think anyone who is obviously hardcore team stacking should be disqualified or penalized, I guess a little is okay since it is hard to judge for sure, but sometimes it is very obvious...

MorningSTAR

MorningSTAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
1672550 omg gg.....

Qwahzi

Qwahzi

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1328 posts

1672550 omg gg.....

Rethink (world first 99/first 99 Assassin) earned 3 million+ exp in 6 days when the game first released. Doesn't look like he's participating in this event though ahaha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, Astro A50 Headset, Forge t-shirts, February Fundays, XP Contest, XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users