Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1.02 Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts
As we mentioned in our Upcoming Changes thread, there may be multiple patches over a short period of time that will work to address the issues discussed there, as well as generally seek to improve the performance of the game. The patch is still in QA. Once released we will have a short period of downtime while we perform the update.

This list of changes is not comprehensive, but seeks to capture the most important elements of the update. You will need to enter and exit the tutorial as a result of this update once more, this requirement for each pass will go away soon, but not with 1.02.

GENERAL

GENERAL
  • Small corrections to credits
UI
  • Improved contrast on tuturial tips and other game messages
  • Improved contrast for some UI elements (tabs and sub tabs especially)
  • Improved support for international characters with in game font
  • Scoreboard ranks now have rank indicators (1 becomes 1st for example)
  • Rare crash with scoreboards fixed
  • When playing on a team, you cannot spectate players of the other team outside of the "kill cam", the default player that is shown when you are killed
  • Some performance improvements
GAMEPLAY

GENERAL
  • Order of abilities slightly adjusted for consistency across classes. We'll provide a method to move them where you like them soon, but for now, it may require a little adjustment via keybinds for your class to play exactly as it has up to now due to the movement of abilities on the hotbar. Now however, all players for all classes will have a more consistent experience with the default global keybinds.
  • Server size reduced from 8v8 to 6v6 for all servers and gameplay modes
  • Several other minor bugs addressed
GAMEPLAY MODES
  • Arenas are now live, in "public" mode where you can join mid match under spectator restrictions
  • Arenas can be selected as an alternate to the Random queue option
  • Arenas do not surface in Random queue mode, as they are intended for more advanced players
  • Arenas:
  • You have 1 life
  • You may select your class only at the start of the match
  • After 10 minutes, a tower spawns. Winning control of that tower for your team wins the round
  • Arenas only work with two maps, the Hall'Vak Arena (the arena the tutorial is located within), and a special version of Ymil's Throne modified specifically for Arena play
CLASSES

Shaman

• Blessed Aura energy cost increased from 20 mana per second to 25 mana per second

Warden

• Raise Morale energy upkeep increased to 6 energy per second from 5 energy per second
  • Protect Allies energy upkeep increased to 6 energy per second from 5 energy per second
  • Protect Allies protection decreased to 35% from 40%
  • Raise Morale damage increased to 4% per stack of vengeance from 3% per stack of vengeance
  • Vengeance damage increase decreased from 5% per stack to 4% per stack
MAPS

Hall'Vak Arena

• Map introduced for Arena mode

• Hateyo, Bless, Smoshi and 8 others like this

Bless

Bless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Looking forward to it! Though I think Raise Morale energy should stay at 5 and PA should be around 8. The PA nerf wasn't much but oh well. The Shaman aura nerf wasn't enough either. I guess you just didn't want to touch to much class balance until we tried Arenas?
Mange / Bless

Dawn Of Heroes?

Pilluminati

Pilluminati

Alpha Male

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSweden

Shaman

• Blessed Aura energy cost increased from 20 mana per second to 25 mana per second

Warden

• Raise Morale energy upkeep increased to 6 energy per second from 5 energy per second
  • Protect Allies energy upkeep increased to 6 energy per second from 5 energy per second

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
  • djuRman and Falkowsky like this

nucu

nucu

Zealot

• Forge Cohorts
  • PipPip
  • 1106 posts
  • LocationGermany
gj at failing even more, since your launch already failed ...
keep going, itīs kinda enjoyable to watch as a spectator

no server browsers
no feedback improvement
no tutorial overhaul
no fixes for out of the bound abilities

everything was predicted in alpha / beta
you still donīt listen
even the math was done for you

eventhough you promised in the beginning "we will listen to our gamer"
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
Homer Simpson

Get your Shaman Ph.D.
"Shaman is OP, stop playing him Nucu"

Skullious

Skullious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Looking forward to it! Though I think Raise Morale energy should stay at 5 and PA should be around 8. The PA nerf wasn't much but oh well. The Shaman aura nerf wasn't enough either. I guess you just didn't want to touch to much class balance until we tried Arenas?

Exactly!

And we do not want to flip/flop nerf/buff, rather go not far enough then too far.
  • makraiz, FenixYT and Envisage like this

Mystikkal

Mystikkal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
Quick patch.. much appreciated! Don't worry about the few trolls who are never going to be satisfied... you guys are doing great.
  • Jeubi1o1 likes this

Xaviz

Xaviz

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationEU

GENERAL

• Small corrections to credits

Finally.
  • Pilluminati, sneakyo, Koronisz and 5 others like this

Dollparts

Dollparts

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
I think this game will do great just give it time and i love the new patch coming up keep em up guys ;3 ! doing great :3!

133548374692.png

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts

Quick patch.. much appreciated! Don't worry about the few trolls who are never going to be satisfied... you guys are doing great.

I wouldn't call all of the people trolls, nor every complaint a troll attempt or unfair. That said, we do make sure to take everyone's view point into consideration. We tend to lose respect for people who cheer and hope for failure as well. People unemployed that have families to take care of isn't something anyone should cheer for or hope for for any reason, and certainly not over dissatisfaction with a game.
  • Rathran, Qwahzi, Anearion and 5 others like this

bankrobin

bankrobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Do you guys have a more exact eta on when progression aspects might come? Also, will levels be wiped, and if so do we keep our total experience?

Edit: Btw, this is just my opinion, progression should be a priority over anything else. I love the game, and I see it is a top seller on steam. However, the game will get repetitive to the coming new players and they will not have any urge to play unless they have something to work towards.

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts
The ability focus options are in test right now. Hopefully the next patch, but can't be 100% certain until they pass the testing process. We will not be wiping levels, you'll just retroactively have the rewards you've earned.
  • nooonotnick likes this

bankrobin

bankrobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
From what I've read, I've understood that experience was more of a currency is forge then a actual leveling system.

Would it not be best to wipe levels but give total experience gained back to the players once the majority of experience spending options are released?

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts

From what I've read, I've understood that experience was more of a currency is forge then a actual leveling system.

Would it not be best to wipe levels but give total experience gained back to the players once the majority of experience spending options are released?

You won't have to rebuy your levels over anything in these updates. I can't picture a scenario where any of you will lose your progress due to an update we make to the game.
  • nooonotnick likes this

rethink

rethink

Zealot

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationEngland

The ability focus options are in test right now. Hopefully the next patch, but can't be 100% certain until they pass the testing process. We will not be wiping levels, you'll just retroactively have the rewards you've earned.

Yay for no level wipes! That would be horrible after hitting 99, love you Soj <3.
On the patch notes, seems good however:
I assume the 6v6 does not count Arena?
Can you explain a bit more about the title system? sometimes they can be seen sometimes not.
Still no way to disable "press f1" in the top right corner?

Also, I alerted dray of this but the level 77? title dogmatist doesn't seem to be awarded until level 78 for some reason.
Can I be a mongoose dog?

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts

Yay for no level wipes! That would be horrible after hitting 99, love you Soj <3.
On the patch notes, seems good however:
I assume the 6v6 does not count Arena?
Can you explain a bit more about the title system? sometimes they can be seen sometimes not.
Still no way to disable "press f1" in the top right corner?

Also, I alerted dray of this but the level 77? title dogmatist doesn't seem to be awarded until level 78 for some reason.

Public arenas will start as 6v6 matches. We'll start to introduce small game sizes as time goes on, we just want to make sure things work well with 6v6 first in a PUG setting first.

Mystikkal

Mystikkal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

I wouldn't call all of the people trolls, nor every complaint a troll attempt or unfair. That said, we do make sure to take everyone's view point into consideration. We tend to lose respect for people who cheer and hope for failure as well. People unemployed that have families to take care of isn't something anyone should cheer for or hope for for any reason, and certainly not over dissatisfaction with a game.

Well said. For me it comes down to tone. If people provide feedback in a constructive way, all the power to them. When it's in an attacking tone, it loses credibility. I mean, heck.. you know how much constructive criticism I give!!

Zhuu

Zhuu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMichigan!
Good fixes and changes, keep up the good work. :)

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts

Well said. For me it comes down to tone. If people provide feedback in a constructive way, all the power to them. When it's in an attacking tone, it loses credibility. I mean, heck.. you know how much constructive criticism I give!!

We've always been, and continue to be, open to criticism. We don't do any pruning here on the forums of other people's content, though we have deleted a thread or two (quite literally that count) where things go beyond what is a conversation and into something that's just going to spiral out of control.

We have no illusions that the game is perfect, and love you guys and all that you do with Forge. :)
  • sneakyo, Qwahzi, wodny and 5 others like this

Sojourner

Sojourner

Wearer of Many Hats

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 1878 posts
This patch is in the process of going live. Remember, it's part 1 of a series of patches due very soon, and will not contain every change or feature discussed in the "Upcoming Changes" update.

ihaveshirts

ihaveshirts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Do you have a rough estimate of how long this patch will take?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users