Welcome to Forge - Pure Fun. Pure PvP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Changes For The Upcoming Patch (Suggestions)

patch

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Bless

Bless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Capture the Relic

There needs to be a way to return the relic quicker. Allies standing around the relic until a meter fills is the best solution, the more allies the faster it returns. The rate should be less than the speed of capping a tower and leave in the current timer if the crystal is left uncontested.

Towers should have a 2 second period where they cannot be contested after being fully acquired, in capture the relic only.

King of the Hill

The first tower should ALWAYS spawn in the middle to avoid the unfairness of the tower appearing right next to one teams spawn.

Points should be awarded for defending and capturing the tower even while it is uncontested.

For everyone 1 person near the tower increase the point speed by 1, max of 5 extra point speed so games don't end ridiculously fast but you're actually encouraged to fight near the tower after capturing it.

Team Death Match

Swapping characters or teams while untouched should not kill you and take a point from your teams resevoir. Swapping classes or teams should not count as a death at all, as this will effect players records negatively in the long run also.

Miscellaneous

Energy regeneration should be based on max energy, so adding customization points into energy would increase your energy regeneration. Maybe around .2 - .5 energy regen per customization point. I think energy will be the way to go for DPS classes regardless of the change but it feels a little unfair that their are no damage increasing options for customization points. Energy best fits the role of increasing damage right now.

Please release a spiritual damage based class next, for obvious reasons.

The energy return on auto attack should be adjusted per class for balance. Shaman should not recieve the same amount of energy they do attacking as they would from healing ally, as this is much easier to do. Assassins and Pathfinder need their energy returns toned down a bit also. This is just my personal opinion but it's a no brainer that all classes having the same energy return despite their differences needs to change.

Edit: I would also like to see a increase in points for damage done and kills, right now it's very difficult for DPS classes to top charts with the Wardens protection and Shaman assisting. I can kill 2 people and do 2.5k damage on a pyro and barely have over 1k points.

Edit 2: After you've blocked a certain amount of times, lets say 3, CC abilities and pyromancer casts need to start going through the block. Right now one block will almost completely negate all CC on you.
  • Qwahzi, Soophodcady, AutoMafia and 3 others like this
Mange / Bless

Dawn Of Heroes?

Bless

Bless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Also can a dev grab the "So.. Balance And Stuff" topic from the archives? I'm sure the community would love to continue the discussion soon enough and I also don't want to rewrite those class suggestions, just want to edit them.
Mange / Bless

Dawn Of Heroes?

Corsair

Corsair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
Mange, you should already be getting points for defending the Tower. As long as there is an enemy in the area of it and you are as well, you earn points for 'tugging' on it. They go towards a Siegebreaker medal.

What I would personally like for CTF is an alert when the flag has been grabbed and dropped, audio and visual. This should help unco-ordinated games play the format immensely.

I agree with the King of the Hill change, but I think it also needs another change. The tower itself is hard for many players to find sometimes, perhaps adding a symbol to it similar to the Relics would be good to help it be more obvious.
  • ekaWake likes this

Bless

Bless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Mange, you should already be getting points for defending the Tower. As long as there is an enemy in the area of it and you are as well, you earn points for 'tugging' on it. They go towards a Siegebreaker medal.

What I would personally like for CTF is an alert when the flag has been grabbed and dropped, audio and visual. This should help unco-ordinated games play the format immensely.

I agree with the King of the Hill change, but I think it also needs another change. The tower itself is hard for many players to find sometimes, perhaps adding a symbol to it similar to the Relics would be good to help it be more obvious.

I mean points for just standing there since you are actually defending the objective and if enemies have any sort of clue they will come to you eventually. It would help promote less random zerg skirmishes in King of the Hill. You''re probably right about Siege Breaker but to often do I go around and capture the towers while my team fights a meaningless fight and I receive nothing but disappointment for actually trying to win. :mad:
  • ekaWake likes this
Mange / Bless

Dawn Of Heroes?

Ape

Ape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationQ8

Team Death Match

Swapping characters or teams while untouched should not kill you and take a point from your teams resevoir. Swapping classes or teams should not count as a death at all, as this will effect players records negatively in the long run also.

This.
  • Yormaika likes this

Mystikkal

Mystikkal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
Team Death Match

/signed
  • Yormaika likes this

WarTimeraider

WarTimeraider

Paragon

• The Zealous
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Team Death Match

/signed

Yup, /sign
  • Yormaika likes this

Posted Image

Bless

Bless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Had to clear up the King of the Hill suggestion, you do get points for fighting people near the tower and I think the first tier is 1:20 seconds worth of fighting. But actually capping the tower and defending it "uncontested" yields nothing where it should.
Mange / Bless

Dawn Of Heroes?

AfroKhan

AfroKhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKentucky,US
They just need to add a Kind of the Hill Game type imo.

FearHAVOK

FearHAVOK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

About that... There is one.

RentableDwarf

RentableDwarf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

You have to join a 'random' server from the play menu to play that. There are no dedicated KoTH servers, but you can play it.

AfroKhan

AfroKhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKentucky,US

You have to join a 'random' server from the play menu to play that. There are no dedicated KoTH servers, but you can play it.

I know I just with there was a dedicated server xD

Faati

Faati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
My first time posting on the forums! Really would love to !hear! sounds effects when you get on a killing streak, or when you earn a medal.. The overall feel of the game would be so much more epic and I think it's a small effort. Furthermore, the icons for the medals all look the same in my opinion, when I press Tab I have no idea what player deserved what medal. Would be cool if the medal fits the achievement you got ingame (Example: damage medal is shown as a fist or blade or something like that and survival medal shows a muscular arm or fortress or whatever) Also the Tab menu looks a bit outdated imo. The font gives it a feeling of being a cheap game. Another great idea for the developers I think would be to add Armor Dyes in the market, people can customize their character more, and it would feel much more personal because IMO most armor skins look a like. Also this can bring in more cash for the developers. These are just minor things but it would help me love the game more x-) Really love the playstyle and the fact that its all about skill. Sorry for the long post and I don't even know if it's posted under the correct thread :-P (first time ever posting on a gaming forum, so long virginity...)
  • Remztan, Dollparts and Eradicate like this

Remztan

Remztan

Your Humble Servant

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Some great ideas Faati! And actually a few of them are items we're working on :)

How long have you been playing the game? I ask because a lot of us have been with the game for over a year and so a lot of things just seem familiar. But I'd love to hear first impressions. For example, the Tab menu might just be so familiar - but I see what you mean. Great tips - thanks!

-Remy
  • ekaWake likes this

Faati

Faati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nice to hear you're working on them and thanks for the quick response ^^ I've been playing the game since it aired on steam (before F2P), every now and then playing, not hardcore but I think the game has real potential, especially the playstyle and combat system, so ive been following the development diary every now and then. While im at, im going to spew it all out if you like some of my ideas. I really like the style, but I think it will pop out more if there was some better lighting on characters and environment ( im no game designer so I don't know how hard that is to do:p) In my last post I talked about the tab menu, this also counts for the "pick your team" screen, same feeling as with the tab menu, it could be more epic when you choose a team! For example, both factions are just typed words now.A cool icon next to it, first of all would make sense, and it will tell you (a tiny fraction) of lore. In general I think that the design scares new players because it seems a little bit outdated for 2013. I like the raw style, but it just needs some tuning so it feels more natural. Sorry if I come over as a know-it-all or critizer now but I just really believe this can become a really good game so I get excited =P Sorry for the long post! - Faati (enter doesn't work x))

Ravenage

Ravenage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAmurica

Some great ideas Faati! And actually a few of them are items we're working on :)

How long have you been playing the game? I ask because a lot of us have been with the game for over a year and so a lot of things just seem familiar. But I'd love to hear first impressions. For example, the Tab menu might just be so familiar - but I see what you mean. Great tips - thanks!

-Remy

Over a year and all we've gotten in 2 new classes, an slightly updated UI, a few new maps, no new gametypes... anything else?
  • Jroc likes this

Rawk

Rawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Over a year and all we've gotten in 2 new classes, an slightly updated UI, a few new maps, no new gametypes... anything else?

Try to make a game by urself dude...
  • Faati likes this

thatguywhosnameisY

thatguywhosnameisY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUS
Please don't keep bringing up old posts. This topic is now over a year old.

( Y )

KillScreen

KillScreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
A vote to kick, to avoid trollers and afk ppl. Would like to see the co-op TDM map going in the map rotation on pvp tdm.

Having different key layouts according to different classes.

Feyears

Feyears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yes, please fix tdm in all ways mentioned!! this would improve the game so much..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users